+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New track time... Should it be the time I should expect?

New track time... Should it be the time I should expect?

It's a 2001 silverado 5.3, weighs about 4k. It has stock heads with shorty headers and just a gm hot cam, springs, rods and retainers. Built tranny with an edge 3600 stall. 4.11 gears and true trac. Also it has a 100 shot. I am running on the track with 275/45-20 all the way around so I baby it off the line not even stalled up at all. It ran a 12.9 on bottle. Is that where it should be?*Could I cut down the time a bit by putting slicks on or maybe even caltracs? I feel like I should be able to stall up more of the line at the track, even with the 20's. But it just doesn't help. Any help would be great. Thanks

Thats not bad at all. I imagine your 60' is somewhere around 2.1 or so? If you throw some slicks on there the time will drop considerably. I ran 12.86 with a stock converter, 3.73 gears and drag radial on a 75 shot with a 212/218 cam. I see your from Oklahoma. Did you run at Thunder Valley?
    2007 RCSB|DTR81 built LSx 3xx|PRC|NX|BOGART|MSD|QUICKFUEL 950 E85|4L80|FTI Converters|Smith RaceCraft|Racepak
    midweststreetcars.com

Yes I did. Do you go up there a lot? Have you ever had a problem with hooking? Or was you always running slicks

I'm there quite a bit. I don't ever have any issues. Thunder Valley is a pretty good track that gets a bad rap from a few haters. We'll there this friday for PSRA. You should come introduce yourself
    2007 RCSB|DTR81 built LSx 3xx|PRC|NX|BOGART|MSD|QUICKFUEL 950 E85|4L80|FTI Converters|Smith RaceCraft|Racepak
    midweststreetcars.com

Is it test and tune? Sorry I'm not sure what PSRA means lol. What do you think my truck would be good to run on slicks?

There are some time only runs but not as many

PSRA is ProStreet Racing Association. It happens the first friday of every month. Lots of cool, badass cars. Theres an outlaw class that is kind of the main attraction which has some mid 4 second to mid 5 second cars in the 1/8th mile, also a 10.5 class with some really fast cars and then some index racing as well. Like I said, you don't get as many test and tune passes, but its alot of fun.
    midweststreetcars.com

Was you there last month during that? I was the white truck that said ss on the side if you was. I wanted to enter the 13.5 class I think it was.

Yeah, I've only missed one this year. If you come out this friday come up and introduce yourself. I prolly won't have my truck there, but I'll be with some friends that run in the extreme 10.5 class and the outlaw class
    midweststreetcars.com

Was it you I talked to in the staging lanes? I was in the silver short wide.
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

Maybe so! Do you have the ss front clip?

+ Reply to Thread