+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New member with a built OBS.

New member with a built OBS.

Hey guys im a member of a few other fullsize forums but most of them seems to be more about air bags and body work. Im more interested in the drive train stuff and this site looks like a great place to join! I have a built 92 reg cab chevy that started life as a 4.3 v6. I installed a v8 700r4 and have been adding go fast parts ever since! I guess you could say i hooked haha. I just got some 195cc AFR heads and a 224-230 57+lift 112 cam to add to me 356. Im hoping to be in the 330-360 rwhp range with this setup. What do you guys think?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...tpichevySR.jpgTireFryr- Built 356ci Ported Accel super ram, Coated LTs,Built 700r4,2800Yenk stall,3.73posi "TractionLess":hump:

I really like the look of the truck and the rear diff cover is nice. I never could “warm up” to tpi most of the time it was tpi to carb swap for me, but I’m glad it makes power for you. Welcome

nice ride, I like the obs trucks more than the newer trucks. looks Like you have a solid setup there. where you from? you ever go to any drag strips, got any times? Not many non LS trucks on here, but any gm truck is always welcome.
    single digit street truck

for build info

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...cs-garage.html

The best advice I have ever heard:... Only take B( . Y . )ST advice from someone that is CURRENTLY running a turbo setup close to, or bigger than what you want......

Nice truck. I had use to have a 406 with the super ram intake in my 1993 obs. But I recently dropped in a 6.0L.

Here's a pic of the old motor.
    mr406b.JPG
    1993 C1500, Indy 500 Edition - 6.0/4L80, complete Hotchkis suspension upgrade, '98 GMC front end swap, 17" AR Torq Thrust II's.

Thanks guys! I live in Idaho "GO BSU" haha Yea im still warming up to the TPI stuff. I would love to swap to the LSX motor but i have to much money into mine to change now. The last time i was at the track it ran a 14.6 at 93....that was with the old 2200stall and old TPI parts and a bad tune. I would hope to be in the low 14s now with the 2800 stall a ported SR and a better tune. After the head cam swap i would think i will be in the low 13s But who knows. It takes a lot to get our heavy truck goin! I mainly joined to drool over the sick azz trucks on this site and ask learn on what all it takes to do a LSX swap in the obs truck.
    Last edited by tpichevy; 09-25-2010 at 01:12 AM.
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...tpichevySR.jpgTireFryr- Built 356ci Ported Accel super ram, Coated LTs,Built 700r4,2800Yenk stall,3.73posi "TractionLess":hump:

Nice truck! Im diggin your setup. Did you have to tub out the back to get the wheels to fit? I'm thinking about doin a similar setup on mine someday...
    Always buying things I dont need to impress people I dont know

hate to bust your bubble but get a LS set up. My puny 5.3 with a cam and headers is in the MID 13's with a 3000 stall and 373 gears. Nice truck by the way looks kick azz.... might be able to get a 6.0 and sell some of your gen 1 and tpi stuff for LS parts..
    2012 Ford F-150 Ecoboost Super Crew 4x4, stock and staying that way.
    2001 chevy green = LS1 stock, 3k stall, 373 posi, tuned by LSX Power in CS TX

No i didnt tub the rear at all the wheels are 17x11s with 7" BS. The wheels are setup to tuck when running a 4-link. since im not running a 4 link right now i have about 1/2"" spacers to keep the tires off the leaf springs.

Thanks, Ill have to look into that for mine, which does not hook at all right now.
    Always buying things I dont need to impress people I dont know

Fellow OBS fan here. Nice truck I always liked it, see it at FSC all the time. Welcome to the site.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

+ Reply to Thread