+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let's see your WOT switch

Let's see your WOT switch

My kit came with a micro-switch for WOT...I have it anchored to the floor vent piece, pushing against the pedal(which i wrapped with a split rubber hose, to widen up to guarantee it hits the switch even if anything shifts a little). It works, not sure I'll have too many problems with it, but I'm definitely not happy with it. I couldn't find a good way to mount it on the TB. I REALLY wish the jets for my plate were on the passenger side instead of right next to the alternator. I'm about ready to make a custom alternator bracket to get it out of the way, and give me room to route things how i want.

And the solenoids mounted (will run wiring tomorrow.) I will probably run hard lines after everything is dialed in. Not a big fan of the 'too long' braided hoses, but as long as it works reliably, looks aren't TOO important.

Last edited by oleshifty; 09-23-2010 at 05:16 PM.
    blown transmissions are about as useful as 97% of the guys on this forum

Ive got the same style of WOT switch they suck ive got mine bent all to hell and sometimes it moves or comes unplugged its a real PIMA once my direct port is ready im getting one of the electronic WOT switches, cus my whole nitrous system is changing, well besides the stand alone 2 stage
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL

2017 RZR 1000 2 SEATER
    2023 RZR 1000 XP 4
    2008 LTZ DURAMAX 3500
    2023 300S 5.7
    2023 BUICK ENCORE[/B]

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.

Quote Originally Posted by LamboDoNoMo View Post
    well besides the stand alone 2 stage
    Girl... its all or nothing

looks errrrrr good lol i guess as long as it functions right thats all that matter, im just anal about cleanliness. I wipe down my engine bay with moiste towelets...
    74 Austin Morris Mini 1000 - Daily Coil Spring conversion, lowered, Disc Brake conversion
    FOR SALE: 04 RC/LB Duramax -12 second tow pig, built Allison, Tune, and supporting mods
    FOR SALE: 03 Silverado SS -DBRods built 40X, DP, Suspension. Going for fast

Oh it looks terrible. But all the fittings are done right, used teflon where I was supposed to. All wires will be soldered/shrink wrapped. Like I said, my braided lines are WAY too big, and I've NEVER popped my hood for anyone. There is more mud under my hood then most have on their whole truck. All go, no show, under the hood. Rest of the truck is a different story. I'm going to pickup some brake line at the end of the season, and I'll do a 'clean' install over winter on my extra manifold. Really just want to get this dialed in right now. It's easy enough to unscrew braided line, change jets, move solenoid location, etc right now.

But i threw out all that plastic crap the day I bought the truck. Didn't feel like moving those covers whenever I worked on truck. Someday I'd like to get a new intake (fast or ls6). I MIGHT get some fabricated valve covers, but that will be the extent of my 'show'.

ill take a picture of my buddies truck tonight...
    01 Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by oleshifty View Post
    Oh it looks terrible. But all the fittings are done right, used teflon where I was supposed to.
    did my teflon diagram help you out?
    74 Austin Morris Mini 1000 - Daily Coil Spring conversion, lowered, Disc Brake conversion
    FOR SALE: 04 RC/LB Duramax -12 second tow pig, built Allison, Tune, and supporting mods
    FOR SALE: 03 Silverado SS -DBRods built 40X, DP, Suspension. Going for fast

of course lol

Quote Originally Posted by 408.Luke View Post
    I wipe down my engine bay with moiste towelets...

I don't have any of that crap on my current nitrous system, just a dry shot and a button. I have sole control
    of when it's on and off. Makes things alot easier.
    GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT RICER MATH!

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

+ Reply to Thread