+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Accessory setups that can fit a 4.8L to clear a LS1/LS3 Intake?

Accessory setups that can fit a 4.8L to clear a LS1/LS3 Intake?

Im really wanting to swap my accessory drive out for like a Camaro or Corvette setup, Ive heard they are more low profile so you can put a stock LS1/LS3 or a F.A.S.T. or Edelbrock style intake manifold on. Im curious what year Camaro or Corvette setup can I use? Is it possible? If so has anyone done this swap and have any advice about doing it?

2004 Ext. Cab 4.8L = K&N CAI + Jet Performance MAF + PowerAid TB Spacer + MSD 8.5MM Plug Wires + JBA Stainless Steel Shorty Headers + Magnaflow HighFlow CATs + Jegs 2.5IN Exhaust Cutouts + Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe + SLP Loudmouth Resonators + GM Corvette Servo + GM Corvette Valve Body + SS Silverado Aluminum Driveshaft + GMPP 3.73 Gears

its not nesisary to run the car intakes but yes it looks alot cleaner, if i ever find a set for cheap i will swap over. quik has done this before maybe he will chime in but i know u have tomchange everything because the belt is placed closer tomthe motor
    74 Austin Morris Mini 1000 - Daily Coil Spring conversion, lowered, Disc Brake conversion
    FOR SALE: 04 RC/LB Duramax -12 second tow pig, built Allison, Tune, and supporting mods
    FOR SALE: 03 Silverado SS -DBRods built 40X, DP, Suspension. Going for fast

running car accesories is the best option but it does add up and sits closer to the motor

the new LS3/L99 camaro accesories are the same spacing as trucks but look alot cleaner [recently found this out]

vette sit further back [closer to motor]

Gto are Fbody based with a different PS setup

if using Fbody or GTo you keep your AC setup and enlongate the holes to slide bracket back
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

i plan on going this route with the 408, i wanna relocate the alternator, so it doesnt sit so high up on the motor whats AC ? lol
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

redheartbeat also sells a spacer that works with factory waterpump if you don't want to swap all accessories. There's a write-up on first page. Cheaper (tho not necessarily as cool looking)
    blown transmissions are about as useful as 97% of the guys on this forum

No need for spacers can use ls3 water pump for car intake
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    No need for spacers can use ls3 water pump for car intake
    Is it all LS3 or just the F-body?
    Guess what I am asking is does the Corvette have the same setup as the 2010 Camaro?

+ Reply to Thread