information from

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/drives/chevrolet-ssr
    http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...est/index.html
    4 bolt main TBI 350
    built 700R4
    casting#916 heads
    advanced timing to 12.5 degrees
    and that wraps it up for now!

soon to come, high rise intake with nitrous plate, bigger cam, turbo 350 or 400 tranny with a floor shift, wet shot of nitrous(somewhere between 125 and 225) 10 or 12 bolt 373 with a locker, 20 inch chip foose torque thrust wheels, new paint probably metallic jet black, corbeau buck seats

Not tryin to fan any fire because I didn't read any past this post..... BUT... I made well over 500 on stock rockers on a bunch of spray (aftermarket cam, pushrods and springs)..... And high 600tq on patches.... Soooooo sayin rockers are needed is kind of a personal choice... Larry hit me up, we can swing over to Sean Freese's shop or Dallas Performance and they can give you a realistic expectation of how to hurt those dodge kids
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    lol...I wish you would never paint your truck...I bet it bugs them that much more that a primered up truck just soggied his Wheaties. good job buddy
    sprayedenali: i like catching, but not fishing
    DBTBSS: bring Tyler... we need someone to make fun of
    MidnightRider: your right im gay
    DamnYankee: my nana failed
    DamnYankee: confused...if it can't keep up to begin with, how can it keep up
    mitch cobb racing: ya, allen played with it for a while, HUGE difference

Quote Originally Posted by ss454327 View Post
    Pushing 1k HP? Almost every setup I've seen over 500rwhp has had roller rockers and all the big name shops pushing close to 1k are running the Jesel shaft mounts. Will they work? SURE! Would I want them in an engine making 1khp...HELL NO!
    Maybe the big name shops you're familiar with...others that we're all familiar with don't.

In fact I think it's safe to say that there have been more failures reported of roller rockers on high hp applications than with stock rockers.

I'm not trying to start an argument either, but there are multiple members here that have only run stock rockers in some very high hp applications with absolutely zero issues.
    Last edited by DamnYankee; 09-03-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I wasn't planning to do much too it until I learned how relatively inexpensive it can be.

I'll definitely be "turning up the wick" on the SSR.
    Larry Maupin / Maupin Photography
    Specializing in cool pix of hot cars
    Call anytime and let's plan a shoot! 972-835-4660
    www.maupinphoto.exposuremanager.com

You're making me jealous, Larry.

I want to stress again using Louis for anything you need done. I can't remember if you know him or not...you may already be aware of his plans.

Here's a quick snippet of his introduction to his new shop:

Our target market is simple. Anyone that wants to go fast. A concentration on Foreign cars with a solid background on domestics. We can provide fabwork, dyno tuning, dynos ( AWD dyno in the works, 2wd dynojet 224x on the way here.) strait mechanical work or performance work. We also provide track support for road racers and drag racers as well as chassis setup and tuning.

We have fast turn around on prototype work, CAD work, fast service on short run productions. Tube chassis race cars or simple 4 point cages to get you past tech at the mile.

We look forward to serving north america with some new technology, the fastest service around and the cleanest shop in town. We are operating out of a clean, 10,000 sqft building near the 121/35/190 interchange with all of the necessary tools to get the job done, done right, done fast, done reliable.
    Last edited by DamnYankee; 09-03-2010 at 07:06 PM.

Question

Thanks, Moze. I'll def talk to him.

Here's an outline of my plan - your thoughts and suggestions are welcome. As I did on my Dodge Cummins project, I want to do some basic research on parts and procedures that are available (what cam & why, what headers and why, etc.). Develop a budget and a HP goal, say $3000 to add 150RWHP. Then talk to Louis (but Ill take input from anyone.) Then get Louis' take on my plan and listen to his ideas/suggestions. Then make a deal for the package of parts and services with the HP goal in mind and a set budget. I'm sure I could round up some buddies to help with some of it, but I like the idea of one competent shop doing it all. Then there are no pointing fingers when something is not right.

But if I'm short on cash I may have to do a piece by piece deal as time and funds permit. It depends on what $$$ I can get for the Dodge.

Comments? Suggestions?

If it were me, I would keep it simple:

Sell the truck.

Determine the amount you now have to put toward the SSR.

Call Louis and tell him I have $X,XXX.00, I want to make this SSR fast. What are my options? Pick everyones brain here. Bounce whatever ideas you extract around with Louis. When he is done with your car, I promise you'll be happy.

Basically what you said I guess.

I'll stop promoting Louis so much lol. I'm excited to see what comes out of his shop though. There aren't many that are better at what he and his dad do so I know you'll be in good hands. If he can do this, he can take care of you:

If I remember correctly, he said every one of these LS based cars were at 1,000rwhp or more....

Last edited by DamnYankee; 09-03-2010 at 11:06 PM.

Yeah, we're thinking alike. Had a nibble on the Dodge tonite - a mom may buy it for her son - full asking price. Wouldn't that be sweet!

We'll see - money talks, you know the rest...

I want the intake on that Vette. That thing is brutal. How much to ship to 22207?

I would imagine the price would have a comma in it and the first number would be closer to 5 than 1

+ Reply to Thread