+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: My SSR

looks good larry

Looks good man. **thumbs up**

Back to my original question, can you guys who recommended upgrades tell me recommended sources and possible price ranges? I need to spend my money on paper first, and hopefully only spend it once, if you know what I mean.
    Larry Maupin / Maupin Photography
    Specializing in cool pix of hot cars
    Call anytime and let's plan a shoot! 972-835-4660
    www.maupinphoto.exposuremanager.com

Very Nice! do you still have the cummins as well? Also what kind of power are you looking for, you can go cam, tune and spray. cam kits are usually 600 (i would get one custom speced) then a tune can range from 200-400 i think than a good plate kit is what 800$? these prices are off the top of my head, trying to remember what all my stuff cost in the past. So for say 2k if you plan on installing the cam yourself, if a shop i would guess another 800 for install (based on my friends 1000$ install on his vette) and if its a automatic you will probably need a converter as well but with a 150 shot your looking at 430 on motor plus shot so between 550 and 600.
    74 Austin Morris Mini 1000 - Daily Coil Spring conversion, lowered, Disc Brake conversion
    FOR SALE: 04 RC/LB Duramax -12 second tow pig, built Allison, Tune, and supporting mods
    FOR SALE: 03 Silverado SS -DBRods built 40X, DP, Suspension. Going for fast

hey Larry! nice clean SSR! sounded good on monday! lookin forward to seeing it tonight at the spring creek and 75 meet!
    4 bolt main TBI 350
    built 700R4
    casting#916 heads
    advanced timing to 12.5 degrees
    and that wraps it up for now!

soon to come, high rise intake with nitrous plate, bigger cam, turbo 350 or 400 tranny with a floor shift, wet shot of nitrous(somewhere between 125 and 225) 10 or 12 bolt 373 with a locker, 20 inch chip foose torque thrust wheels, new paint probably metallic jet black, corbeau buck seats

I saw one in a dark blue today, looked really sharp. I've always liked them, a lot more since the LS2 replaced the 5.3L.

Larry if you decide to do any modifications to it, let me know. Louis (the guy that did the tuning on my truck) has his own shop now. I'm sure he'll take good care of you. He has a stellar reputation.

Thanks, Moze. I def will. I heard tonight of 2 different guys with serious cash to buy my hot rod diesel, so I may have some "fun money" for the SSR.
    Larry Maupin / Maupin Photography
    Specializing in cool pix of hot cars
    Call anytime and let's plan a shoot! 972-835-4660
    www.maupinphoto.exposuremanager.com

It'd be a shame to see the truck go, but that SSR would be a blast with a few thousand dumped into it. What do they weigh anyway?

They are pretty heavy actually. Seems like 4600-4700, somewhere in there. I'm pretty sure they weigh more than the TBSS.

+ Reply to Thread