+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LM7 5.3L Top End Compatability with a LS2 6.0L Short Block

Quote Originally Posted by bowtietommy View Post
    12:1 sounds pretty high to me without a big cam to bring down the dynamic compression. But if it worked for you that's good to know. Also I might be wrong about this but I thought the LS2's had a domed piston and the LQ9's were a flat top

tommy sorry if i sounded rude, didnt mean to, but yes with my lq9 ( flatop pistons ) i ran 706 casting heads, talking to a few engine builders we calculated CR at like 12:5:1 honestly i had no issues and i drove this truck 67 miles one way to work for a long time.. running 93 octane
    Last edited by skeet; 08-17-2010 at 09:11 PM.
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

Thanks for the responses guys and totally agree the truck will run 'all-choked-up'. The reasoning behind keeping the 5.3 top end is due to the truck being a daily driver wouldn't mind getting the bottem end conversion out the way. The rest of the upgrades are on the wish list. Looking to do a 402 stroker with forged internals to make way for the top end and boost.

Honestly I would wait to install the LS2 until you get the heads and maybe cam you want to go with it. You can get 317s super cheap and 243s for just a little more. If you don't tune the engine yourself you could eat up what you save getting it properly tuned multiple times, plus headgaskets...bolts, fluids etc....
    Plus your 5.3 you are pulling will be worth much less without heads to go with it.
    I know you might be trying to save some coin, but in the big picture I think you will only be spending more, and it's not like your 5.3 you have in there now won't do you until you get exactly what you want to go in.

Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    tommy sorry if i sounded rude, didnt mean to, but yes with my lq9 ( flatop pistons ) i ran 706 casting heads, talking to a few engine builders we calculated CR at like 12:5:1 honestly i had no issues and i drove this truck 67 miles one way to work for a long time.. running 93 octane
    No worries skeet. Takes a lot more than that to offend me. Do you have a lot of overlap in your cam? Just curious what i can get away with on my LQ?

+ Reply to Thread