+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CB radio install

Found my dad's old mobile CB radio and want to put it in my truck. I think I'm going to mount it right underneath the cigarette lighter, but I don't know how I should wire the whole thing up?
    Where should I get power and where can I ground it?
    Where should I mount the antenna? I know on top of the cab is best, but it'll look gay. Maybe on the side bedrail?
    Any of you guys do this? Can you post some pics of the wiring and/or the whole setup?
    Thanks
    '01 Sierra 4.8 SCSB
    4.10, Eaton posi, Nelson tune, 160 t-stat, K&N Intake, Magnaflow catback, Vig 3200, Transgo+billets, 100 NX wet shot

haha.. being from oklahoma and part redneck.. i have experience with this..

Antenna needs to go as high up as possible or you get shit signal.

Power = any source that is on when the key is on (first one to mind, radio).. ground - any metal like firewall, floor, or bracing that touches those. Make sure to grind the paint/coating off and you get a bare metal ground.

how are you going to run the cord for the antenna? You can get an extender if it dont reach and run it under the cab and through a hole in the floor, out the sliding back glass (if you have one).. have fun with it. Messing with truckers is such a lost pass time.
    91 s10 - bagged and bodydropped...getting rebuilt
    91 nissan - backhalfed and bagged

+ Reply to Thread