+ Reply to Thread

Thread: considering spray, give pros ,cons on setup

considering spray, give pros ,cons on setup

ok i have ZERO knowledge of spray, never used it, never messed with it. wondering what a good kit to buy is? i've read a plate kit works good? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ZEX-82047P/ would this kit work? I'm looking to do this AFFORDABLELY, not wanting to break the bank doing it. but not looking to cut corners and have something go wrong either, i like my truck too much for that haha. i would look into buying used stuff, but i have no clue of what all i'd need. also does anyone have a diagram of how to run everything?? whats the pros and cons of running spray? besides instant power, would my 4L65E hold up? i'm looking into it so i can decide if i want to go ahead and do it, or wait till AFTER i put my cam,LT's, stall in. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    02 5.3 sierra rcsb,its stock i swear ....

that kit will work but i would use a plate and that kit comes with fogger.if you never used nitrous then you better do alot of research on it.nitrous aint just bolt on and go.it takes a good bit of tuning and knowing what your doing as far as what deg timing to run and what pills to use.i think you could find a kit alittle cheaper than that.

Be like Garrison. Add nitrous, fuel and prayers. No need for all the technical mumbo jumbo. Run a wet kit, on a plate. Spray anymore than 150 and you should go to a stand alone fuel system. If you pull fuel at the rail upgrading your intank pump to a Walbro is a good idea.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Well first off the pros and cons... Pro= instapower.lol Con= a severe addiction!!!!
    As for the kit go with nitrousoutlet, harrisspeedworks, or dynotune. Get a wet plate kit.
    As for ur tranny depending on how built it is depends on how long it will last and wether or not u spray through the shifts( which I dont recomend, but others will)
    2006 extended cab, 6.0 swap, full bolt ons SOLD
    2011 ECSB, 6.2, 6 spd, 3.73, 5" lift, 33" nitto, limo tint, debadged, volant CAI, muffler delete, black bear tune 14.0 @ 98 on the 33'sSOLD
    2007 TBSS AWD, cam, stall, built trans, N2OSOLD
    2006 RCSB cammed LQ9, full exhaust, 3200 stall, 2-4 drop
    Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    "if i have to explain, you don't get it"

49 Ford F1
    355 chevy / turbo 350 / 12 bolt posi / camaro subframed

Well Devon beat me to it.lol
    2006 extended cab, 6.0 swap, full bolt ons SOLD
    2011 ECSB, 6.2, 6 spd, 3.73, 5" lift, 33" nitto, limo tint, debadged, volant CAI, muffler delete, black bear tune 14.0 @ 98 on the 33'sSOLD
    2007 TBSS AWD, cam, stall, built trans, N2OSOLD
    2006 RCSB cammed LQ9, full exhaust, 3200 stall, 2-4 drop
    Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    "if i have to explain, you don't get it"

49 Ford F1
    355 chevy / turbo 350 / 12 bolt posi / camaro subframed

well i was thinking of geting the harris plate kit. but wasnt sure if this is EVERYTHING i need? http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/prod...cat=135&page=1, and i will not be doing the tuning, it will be tuned by my previous tuner, EFI Alchemy in FL. i will more than likely dyno tune it when i do it, thats why im trying to figure out if i want to go ahead and do it, or do it later, cause of course money talks. but im geting bored with the truck and need to do something to it without breaking the bank lol. so i have to weigh my options , so depend on how much it would cost for EVERYTHING i would need for a plate nitrous set up, depends on if i do it now or later, and im sure the fuel system was upgraded the previous motor had a whipple, but when i got it i started fresh with a new 5.3 and 4L65e, which a year ago i installed vette servo, all new clutches , steel plates ,new torque convert, new 13 vane pump, and HD2 shiftkit. so im hoping i should be good on those two for now,

i have my 226/229 cam and 33 lb injectors, patriot dual springs, 7.4 rods, collecting dust now, waiting to grow the balls to actually install it tho lol
    02 5.3 sierra rcsb,its stock i swear ....

ok so did you go with the cam swap or the n20 route? update?
    06ccsb, cammed, stalled, geared

I have that exact kit and love it. No problems so far. Only thing I would recommend is a window switch so you don't spray through the shifts. Just for safety's sake. Other than that I have had great luck with the kit.
    2002 Under Construction Again!

Pros: You have to run from the truck when you get shot up and scream NAAAWWWZZ!!!

Cons: Ya truck blew up.
    Cars and mods:
    00 F-150 SVT SOLD 11/30
    97 Eclipse GSX

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreycastgsx View Post
    Pros: You have to run from the truck when you get shot up and scream NAAAWWWZZ!!!

Cons: Ya truck blew up.
    ha thats too funny. that movie is so dumb. hahaha

+ Reply to Thread