+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 24 valve Cummings!

yeah there a plenty of bad ass diesels but most of the ones you see have stacked chips, exhaust and intake and think there fast when they arnt lol. I would like to think my truck is decently quick since im now dipping in the 12's but imo its still not fast... i want to go 11's but i need a bigger charger and injectors most likely
    74 Austin Morris Mini 1000 - Daily Coil Spring conversion, lowered, Disc Brake conversion
    FOR SALE: 04 RC/LB Duramax -12 second tow pig, built Allison, Tune, and supporting mods
    FOR SALE: 03 Silverado SS -DBRods built 40X, DP, Suspension. Going for fast

It's only fast if you need some extra tubing in the cab. And as far as diseasels go if I wanted a fast one, DMax. If I wanted a pure work truck, Cummins. It comes down to the V8 vs I6 and pure engine geometry/physics.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

yea someting torqi about the I6's.. cummins is a true work horse. But hell just the I6 in general normally turn out to be pretty reliable motors atleast they used to be i don't know baout theones out these days. But the old ford and chevy 6's and jeep 4.0 good motors. My grandfather had a 70 f100 with a 6 and 3 on the tree drove it for 29 years never had to replace the motor. BMW makes a bad ass 6 as well, M3's are fun cars to drive, not really a whole lot of power mine stock dyno'd around 220 but the gears make the best of it.

ive got to see a video or something. Never seen a dmax run 12's on tune intake and exhaust. Mild tune at that! I call bs until you show me otherwise. Yes i do realize that it takes alot of money to go 9s in a cummins but havent seen a dmax do it. An it still takes alot of money to make gas trucks turn 9's. Your the one talking all this crap about people being fast and the furious wathcer and followers, um buddy look at your lp and sig under your name. I think you may have watched it to much yourself. An no matter what you say 13's is pretty fast for a almost 9000lb truck. An the only reason cummins have to "stack chips" is not all chips do one thing like they do on dmax's. ie Juice w/ att stack with ez , juice does timing and duration and ez does pressure. So now you have a hard fueling truck.
    04 Tahoe LT....4 buckets and all leather! Custom grind cam, rear mount, tb stall, 4.56s, gutted exhaust, 33/12.50s

An you also need to realize that yours is tuned by laptop at what you want it to be cummins doesnt have that option "yet". So i bet you any amount of money once they come out with that an they can turn up a cummins like you can it will be equal an the cummins will walk you all day and night. An im willing to bet your truck gets stupied HOT egts. The only fuel pump cummins need is a lp because dodge makes crappie parts.

END THREAD
    04 Tahoe LT....4 buckets and all leather! Custom grind cam, rear mount, tb stall, 4.56s, gutted exhaust, 33/12.50s

Quote Originally Posted by CaMmEdHoE View Post
    ive got to see a video or something. Never seen a dmax run 12's on tune intake and exhaust. Mild tune at that! I call bs until you show me otherwise. Yes i do realize that it takes alot of money to go 9s in a cummins but havent seen a dmax do it. An it still takes alot of money to make gas trucks turn 9's. Your the one talking all this crap about people being fast and the furious wathcer and followers, um buddy look at your lp and sig under your name. I think you may have watched it to much yourself. An no matter what you say 13's is pretty fast for a almost 9000lb truck. An the only reason cummins have to "stack chips" is not all chips do one thing like they do on dmax's. ie Juice w/ att stack with ez , juice does timing and duration and ez does pressure. So now you have a hard fueling truck.
    You must not be looking, a built trans, intake, exhaust, and custom tune on a D-max equals 12 second truck. Its the only diesel that can do that, and all due to the biggest fuel system STOCK, the 6.4 powerstrokes are the only thing close, cummins are overrated, straight up they are. There the slowest, and the only reason they "feel" torquey is due to the location of the turbo, CLOSEST to the head where the exhaust gets to the turbo faster. My buddy had a stacked 04.5 cummins, he smoked everything, well except powerstrokes and D-maxes, and then his tranny blew up. The fastest diesel out there is a D-max.
    Cars and mods:
    00 F-150 SVT SOLD 11/30
    97 Eclipse GSX

show me a video clip of the fast dmax an NOT DRAG TRUCK dmax. Cause i know you are talking about that orange one which is a straight up drag truck! Um yea dmaxs smoke allisons an cv shafts all the time so that no excuse. An what big fuel system does a dmax have cause its not the injection pump.

A D-max will smoke a Allison at a power level much higher than what a stock dodge or ford tranny would handle, CV shafts? Fuel system is more than just the "injection" pump, its the injectors too. http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/dr...cond-club.html
    Cars and mods:
    00 F-150 SVT SOLD 11/30
    97 Eclipse GSX

Ok now go through there and read the sig's. They all have efi live which is like stacking chips on a cummins because no one makes a chip that fuels as hard or does anything to the computer like efi live can. Then also read that ALL of the trannis are upgraded, do the same upgrade to the dodge and it last the same. An also look at the hp they are putting down. A cummins with stacked chips and lift pump will do the same. An as for the fuel system they are still upgradeing there lift pumps like you have to do for a cummins, the injection pump is the same exact one the cummins has (CP3) and the cummins injection system is the strongest in the common rail 04.5 up they have three injection cycles. An you show me a page of 12 sec time slips, go to you tube and type in fastest dmax its like 11's or high 10's and then type in fastest cummins should show a pewter dodge with orange stuff on the side, he broke 9's

I can't take people seriously who type anything LiKe ThIs
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

+ Reply to Thread