+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4L60E Shifts REALLY hard...

Hybrid View

4L60E Shifts REALLY hard...

Hey all,

The truck is a 1999 ECSB 4WD 5.3. It seems to shift at the correct points, but it really bangs the gears when it does...all of them. It happens when shifting from park into drive or reverse. It does it from first to second and second to third as well...not as noticeable into 4th.

I'm not much good with automatics. Line pressure solenoid maybe? (I think they call it the EPC...or maybe that's something else?)

Anyone else already fix this problem?

Thanks,
    Jake

How long have u owned the truck? Maybe previous owner installed a shift kit

04 RCSB 5.3, Homemade 80mm FM, TU1, TH400

Nope. PO was a drunken Indian.* (This truck came off the rez so it's in pretty rough shape...not a bunch of aftermarketcrap on it though, so in that respect, it's relatively unmolested.)

Jake

*I can say this because I'm part drunken Indian myself.

Hmm ok well I'll talk to my transmission guy and see what he says. Hopefuly someone who had this problem will chime in

04 RCSB 5.3, Homemade 80mm FM, TU1, TH400

a bad TPS will cause this issue but you normally get a SES code.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

4L60E transmissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Harsha View Post
    Hey all,

The truck is a 1999 ECSB 4WD 5.3. It seems to shift at the correct points, but it really bangs the gears when it does...all of them. It happens when shifting from park into drive or reverse. It does it from first to second and second to third as well...not as noticeable into 4th.

I'm not much good with automatics. Line pressure solenoid maybe? (I think they call it the EPC...or maybe that's something else?)

Anyone else already fix this problem?

Thanks,
    Jake
    I suggest that you have to look for the real problem maybe the valvebody is not correct.
    Last edited by venomouse; 08-04-2010 at 02:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread