+ Reply to Thread

Thread: just bought a 6.0

just bought a 6.0

i just bought a 6.0 from my friend at a good deal.i gave him 300 for it.it came out a 00 silverado 4wd.it ran good.soon to come i would like to do 4.8 to 6.0 swap in my 04 rcsb.its going to be awhile before i can do it cause i just got done with the sts kit on my truck.so my bank acct don't look good right now.lol.i think i need to do the 80e swap and build my rearend before i do the 6.0 swap.i just couldnt turn that deal down.but anyways i was wanting some advice what mods am i gone have to do when i do the swap?my truck is dbw.would it be a good idea to delete that?someone told me to put ls3 heads and intake on it.would that be a good idea?thanks in advance

just put the long block in place of your 4.8
    reprogram the PCM and you are done. Won't cost anything except oil, coolant etc.
    Yeah it would be sweet with L92 heads, but you can always do that later.

Definately a good price.

This isn't a iron headed engine is it? Possible on a 2000.

no its alumium head

Good deal. It'll work with your 4L60e then.

my plans are to just put it to the side for right now and save the money up to get the l92 heads and l76 intake.prolly head studs.when i do that am i going to have to get the fuel rails for l76 intake and bigger tb for intake?i would like to be able to move up to atleast 12lbs of boost with the 6.0.do you think i will be fine with just the head studs and good head gaskets running 12lbs of boost with stock bottom end?

+ Reply to Thread