+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dyno tuning prices?

dyno tuning prices?

I got a quote for $500 for a dyno tune. 6.0L with a head and cam swap. Does that sound about right?

who is doing the tuning, How long is going to be spent on the tune?

I payed 400 for my dyno tune and i was there from 2pm-6pm and made 6 pulls and then one on nitrous, as well as idle and part throttle tuning.

In my opinion it was well worth the money considering a "live" or in person tune is usualy 250 and may only spend an hour tuning.
    5.3l-Tsp 220/220 .581/.581 112LSA, Comp 918 revised springs, tsp pushrods-UDP intake, LS1 E-fans, Walbro 255,vette servo, tru cool 40k cooler-4.11s with detroit tru trac. Nitrous Outlet big noid wet system with Harris Speed Works plate and Microedge controller-only on 75 shot........for now!

That's the going rate, so ya, it's not bad.

They told me they would need the truck all day. Don't know how much time will be spent on my actual truck. Its a local speed shop doing the work. Been around a long and have a pretty good reputation. Thanks for the input

wait. I can get dyno time for free. if hptuner software is $500, for the same price i can do it myself whenever i want. Has anyone ever used it? How user friendly is it?

I've never done any tuning but fully understand timing and fuel maps. Any suggestions?

unless you feel really confident in tuning i would just let a pro do it.

i have efi live and i had a pro tune it and ill do minor changes to it
    5.3l-Tsp 220/220 .581/.581 112LSA, Comp 918 revised springs, tsp pushrods-UDP intake, LS1 E-fans, Walbro 255,vette servo, tru cool 40k cooler-4.11s with detroit tru trac. Nitrous Outlet big noid wet system with Harris Speed Works plate and Microedge controller-only on 75 shot........for now!

+ Reply to Thread