+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 07 RCSB W/5.3, bolt ons, cal-tracs and ET streets question...

Hybrid View

Question 07 RCSB W/5.3, bolt ons, cal-tracs and ET streets question...

I have an 07 RCSB with a 5.3 in it, and I'm thinking about running it out at "the strip" out in las vegas......it would be the first time that I've been able to run my truck since I've bought it.....It's got a few mods....and I'm just wondering what other people have run with the same or close mods.....maybe some predictions.....
    Mods are:
    K&N cold air
    3 1/2 cat back
    Nelson tune
    Caltracs W/RS9000's
    28 inch ET streets on a 16 inch wheel

Just wondering what you guys thought......I'm in the military and will be out there for the midnight mayhem on august 20th with my truck and without it on that Wednesday the 25th....if anyone is out there don't be afraid to say whats up.....

14.5 to 16's, its your first time out with the truck, its an auto so the launch is gonna make you or break, and since you have E.T. streets, john force the !@$$ out of the tires and WAIT in between passes, dont hot lap, remove all the stuff you can it wont hurt, tailgate, left headlight etc. I think it would be best if you just go and run, and then come back and tell us how you did no matter what you run.
    Cars and mods:
    00 F-150 SVT SOLD 11/30
    97 Eclipse GSX

You aren't going to spin enough to need slicks, especially with caltracs, but more power to you.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

I didn't specifically buy the ET streets for my truck.....I had them for my SS trailblazer when I was married.....kept them in the divorce...LOL....I have some 20 inch VHO wheels that are 31 inches tall.....the ET streets are only 28 inches tall so the gearing is really the only reason why I'm using them.....that...and if they don't do a good job with the VHT out there I can always pull decent 60ft times with the truck.....used to do 2.0's and 2.1's all day long in my old SS with the ET streets, sway bar end links disconnected, and the rear bump stops removed......gonna disconnect the sway bar and play with the shock settings on the 9000's to try and get the most out of the launch.....even though I have the stock converter in the truck.....

+ Reply to Thread