+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Massive lose of power in Memphis...

Should probably get a tune. General consensus you see.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Just got back to Ga dropped it off at MTI Racing this morning, Vengeance would never call me back to make an appointment..
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeper1500 View Post
    Should probably get a tune. General consensus you see.

Yea I know it's just that stud broke and then I had to go on a job job = truck must move, it was 4th of july weekend and I didn't have a choice no one could get to it. Dropped it off at MTI today hope they can fix her up right.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonecktribe View Post
    I would seriously get a tune...when I put my cam in it threw the same codes till I went and got it tuned the next day but I had that already set up to tune it and babied it home till I got it tuned....
    You will never see the true power you can get unless you get it tuned...in my mind its throwing money away if you install a cam and dont get a tune.

sounds like you are getting the problems fixed...let us know how she runs after
    06 silverado CC Volant CAI/ Corsa Sport exhaust
    dynatech supermaxx headers/cats
    LPE GT2-3 cam/ Comp 918's/ Rods
    Eaton LSD 3.73's
    IAT Shocks
    DANNY TRANNY w/2800 TCS billet verter
    275HP and 293TQ Pre Cam
    314HP and 303TQ post cam

Will do they've had it for 2 days now, will call tomorrow to see how it's going. If all is good and they do the tune I'm wondering what the gain will be. She had 226 whp and 267 wtq in 2007 when the Dynomax Dyno Challenge was here at Summit Racing. Got second place due to not a whole lot of people were there, the guy that beat me only had me by about ooooo 800 hp. I just wish I was in the position to go ahead with the 6l like i had planned on.

Got the truck back from MTI Racing about 2 hours ago runs great haven't had any issues so far. Cam and tune bumped me to 265 hp ( 38 gain ) and 283 tq ( 20 gain ) i know it's not much but for now it's good

Thumbs up

glad to hear you got it running good.

Yep good good thanks for all the help guys, sorry i was freakin out. Just have to figure out what else I can do to squeeze a little more out without getting in the motor again. I was hoping it would have been around 280 so i could milk it to 300. But LQ4 will make up the difference it's just time and $$$. I'm happy with what it is though nice steady increase throughout the rpm's and solid torque will try to post charts for anyone thinking about this cam.

+ Reply to Thread