+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boost Controller??

Boost Controller??

I can't get the truck 5lbs over spring setting. With the manuel turn knob one it saw 28lbs at the texas mile (by accident and let off) I'm looking for something simple that works, What's a good one? Something that could go around 10 or more pounds over spring setting

if you want a cheap boost controller that works OK then just use this one

http://www.aemelectronics.com/tru-bo...ller-gauge-757

This is what I use and for an electronic boost controller its relatively cheap but not the best - then again GOOD electronic boost controllers are expensive

~ Forged engine of some type ~ Ball bearing turbo of an unconfirmed size ~ 4L8000 trans ~ Beefy fuel system ~

Im going to try the turbosmart eboost 2.
    single digit street truck

for build info

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...cs-garage.html

The best advice I have ever heard:... Only take B( . Y . )ST advice from someone that is CURRENTLY running a turbo setup close to, or bigger than what you want......

For a race truck like yours... AMS1000 w/ Co2. Don't fool around with anything else... unless you want a second choice, an eBoost II

^^^EDIT: Mic beat me to one of them lol
    Last edited by PurpleMinivan; 07-06-2010 at 11:20 PM.
    30' Ford Model A Tudor Sedan - Custom chassis - Big bore LS2 - twin B76's - Glide - 9" w/ 3.07 gears - 30" DR tire - 2k lbs cruiser

Yep eboost II is nice. I got a 921whp cobra in the shop with one.

i have installed a at least a dozen and run a greddy pro fec controller, u can dial in how the wastegate opens, how fast it opens and what psi it starts to open and of course overall boost. ther expensive but so are motors.

I like the eboost 2. I have heard it is a complicated install though. I want one but till I go forged I really have no need.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

The AMS1000 is a very nice one and $$$$ too, I have seen the eboost 2 also. The eboost might be a better choice for me, Thanks for the info

casey23 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMinivan View Post
    For a race truck like yours... AMS1000 w/ Co2. Don't fool around with anything else... unless you want a second choice, an eBoost II

^^^EDIT: Mic beat me to one of them lol
    Dont you have a a two for the TBSS? one to use and one for a spare....

+ Reply to Thread