+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel pump? I think

Fuel pump? I think

Weird problem with my truck, Every morning i start it up and let it warm up a bit. It drives fine for the first mile or so then begins to hesitate very bad and makes popping noises from the engine bay. It does this only up until about 180 degrees, then drives like normal. cleaned the MAF,IAC,MAP and air filter, New plugs and fuel filter also with no results. Any ideas?
    Axekick tuned, Pacesetters, Servo.

Check fuel pressure at the rail. Any noise from the pump?
    1997 4runner
    1978 Jeep CJ7 with a 2002 5.3 engine

Possible, but to me seeing that it's temperature related I would also try the temperature sender or the coolant temp sender (yes they are different). If the gauge reads good and isn't acting up then I would rule out the coolant temp sender and just focus on the temperature sender as it communicates with the ecu.
    Mike
    2000 RCSB
    '05 LS2 11.5:1 C.R. l K&N l LT's l Torquer V2 l PAC Springs l Manley 7.4's l 92mm TB l LS7 Lifters l Circle-D 3200 l P&P TB l ARP Rod Bolts l LS1 E-fans l Nelson 93 Tune l Brand-X 100 Shot l Walbro 255 l Duals w/ X and Magnapacks l Vette Servo l Transgo S.K. l 30K Cooler l Detroit Tru-Trac l Motive 4.30's l ARP Cap Studs l TA Girdle

Quote Originally Posted by collin View Post
    Check fuel pressure at the rail. Any noise from the pump?
    Yes, the pump makes noise

Quote Originally Posted by 1_fastsilverado View Post
    Possible, but to me seeing that it's temperature related I would also try the temperature sender or the coolant temp sender (yes they are different). If the gauge reads good and isn't acting up then I would rule out the coolant temp sender and just focus on the temperature sender as it communicates with the ecu.
    It has a new coolant tempature sensor, witch other one are you talking about?

It was doing the same thing tonight, again up untill 180 ish. Im stumped on this
    Axekick tuned, Pacesetters, Servo.

+ Reply to Thread