+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seafoam??

Seafoam??

my service engine soon light came on friday and the truck started running kinda crappy so i changed the fuel filter and ran a pint of seafoam thru my truck to clean everything up, WELL.... the trucks STILL running like shyt tho. Scanned the codes and its not throwing any, also checked the plugs and they're all good. any ideas guys??? trucks stock with 112k miles except for the exhaust. the truck sat for awhile b4 i bought it and the fuel filter was PACKED with dirt & what looked like rust so im THINKING its the fuel pump. throw me some ideas guys, thanks....

How did the light come on if it's not throwing any codes? What's it doing?
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

my friend thinks it might be the cats clogged, and i have NO idea how its showing svc engine soon and not throwing a code... i cleaned the MAF earlier and did the coolant bypass mod and threw on a cold air intake and the codes still there, probably gonna get the cats knocked out and throw a tune on it and be done with it, and maybe plugs & wires later and just drive it...

If the cats were getting clogged it would throw a code. You need to run a fuel pressure gauge and see what psi you have at idle.
    RUN WAT U BRUNG!!!!

thanks guys, ill try that tuesday b/c everybodies closed today...

just did a blazer....cat was completely clogged, no code, wouldn't go above 45, ran REAL hot, and no exhaust out tail pipe.
    blown transmissions are about as useful as 97% of the guys on this forum

WELL..... I GOT HER FIXED!!!! I took it to my friend who owns DC Motorsports here in waco, and he checked the #7 injector and it was clogged like the fuel filter! it had chunks in it! took about 10 mins to clean it out and now she's back to running like a champ! he said that the #7 & 8 injectors are bad about clogging up on the older 5.3s...
    Last edited by mrdlhunt; 07-03-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Cool man!!
    RUN WAT U BRUNG!!!!

+ Reply to Thread