+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What will it take to beat a hemi ram?

What will it take to beat a hemi ram?

Alright so I have a few friends who have been talkin some crap about the silverado so before I race him I wanna make sure Ill be able to beat him. My silverado is an 04 5.3 ECSB with Lts ORY CAI Nelson 89 octane tune (soon to be 93) shift kit and servos with 3:73s and stock 16in wheels. The rumble bee is a RCSB hemi with headers an intake and no tune and 22s. I have Moze's ya itll beat a hemi sticker so before I put the sticker to the test I wanna make sure Im able too! Then my other friend has a ECSB Dodge dakota R/T with the 5.9 its all stock and he thinks its the badest truck around. Basically I want to know if I stand a chance against these guys!

dakota RT's are a joke...and the 'tune' market for dodges isn't very well. I would say you would put up a fair fight/ maybe pull a little bit.

If you don't want to get into motor work, I'd throw an UD pulley on. If you don't mind motor work, cam/heads/etc will make sure you WIN by a longshot
    blown transmissions are about as useful as 97% of the guys on this forum

Thats good to know. And ya I plan on motor work just not right now since its my only vehicle so I cant really have down time....and some more money wouldnt hurt haha. I would just hope with what I have so far I could put up a decent fight with a ram. Theres a couple around town here that just have exhausts and Im hoping Moze's sticker will get them to race! Its hard to find people to race up here in CT!

you will beat em bro,,,,,,,,,as long as u gripand get vid

idk about the dakota, i hear they are kinda quick. but that rumble bee should go down without too much trouble.

04 ecsb 5.3- perfectly tuned by Nelson perfomance, Pacesetter longtubes, 100 shot n2o from NX, cold air intake.
    03 rcsb charbroiled (race truck eventually)

i think you can take them both out.

01CamaroZ28
    10.751 @ 124.26 mph with a 1.446 60ft
    ALL THRILLS NO FRILLS!!!!
    B&L Racing stg 1 heads 224/581 cam.
    06 silverado 6.0L VMAX LPP LT's, Volant CAI, Manaflow, NELSON TUNE.

Where ya at? I'll run you with my Hemi.....

150 shot of should do.
    2006 extended cab, 6.0 swap, full bolt ons SOLD
    2011 ECSB, 6.2, 6 spd, 3.73, 5" lift, 33" nitto, limo tint, debadged, volant CAI, muffler delete, black bear tune 14.0 @ 98 on the 33'sSOLD
    2007 TBSS AWD, cam, stall, built trans, N2OSOLD
    2006 RCSB cammed LQ9, full exhaust, 3200 stall, 2-4 drop
    Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    "if i have to explain, you don't get it"

49 Ford F1
    355 chevy / turbo 350 / 12 bolt posi / camaro subframed

Don't underestimate that 5.3L and with your current mods, you should at least hang with him - but probably win. If these Hemi guys are talkin' and getting butt-hurt over the sticker, that just means the sticker is doing its job and that the Hemi guys are falling into your trap that the sticker sets. I laugh everytime I slaughter a Hemi on the road. Someone is gonna get upset over what I just wrote......

~ Forged engine of some type ~ Ball bearing turbo of an unconfirmed size ~ 4L8000 trans ~ Beefy fuel system ~

I'm surprised you haven't bashed me yet for having a Hemi....

+ Reply to Thread