+ Reply to Thread

Thread: blower probs 2006 silverado....not climate cont

blower probs 2006 silverado....not climate cont

I unplugged the blower motor and there is power to all speeds but 5 (at the plug by a test light). The blower motor would not work however, plugged in. I have since tested the blower motor and it works, by another power source. Blower control module? But I dont understand how I found power at the plug to the blower but it wouldnt work.............

did you use a test light or a meter? If just a test light, might be passing some power, but not enough.

I'm leaning towards the blower resistor. I usually remove the blower motor, throw 12 volts on it it. If it spins, replace blower resistor. If not replace motor itself. Hasn't failed me yet.
    blown transmissions are about as useful as 97% of the guys on this forum

Used a test light..............will try it, thank you.

GM's are famous for the blower resistor testing good until you put a load on it. My money is on the resistor.
    99' Silverado RCSB Z71: 5.7L Iron LS1, 11.2:1, Custom EPS Cam, Ported 862's,Ported TB, E-Bay Cold Air, E-Bay Long Tubes, Dynomax X-Pipe Exhaust, Electric Fans, Innovative LC-1, Self Built 4L60E, Circle D Pro Single Disc, 4:10 ValueTrac

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7887&dateline=1270435  715

Its prob the resistor I work at oreillys and we sell lots of them! There common to go out there like $40.
    03 RCSB,4.10s,LTs,True Dual Magnaflows, CAI, EFILive, 10K HIDS

+ Reply to Thread