+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Front mount turbo setup, have questions

Front mount turbo setup, have questions

Well, ive been really wanting to do a front mount turbo setup on my truck, trying to get information ,parts needed and anything else i need to do this conversion. i am fully capable of doing it myself, i just do not know what will it effect. also since i already have the Sts turbo setup, is all i need is a custom manifold made ,y-pipe,and a retune? any information is appreciated, my trucks setup is in my signature if you would like to know what im running now. Thanks
    06 silverado crew cab 4.8L
    STS Kit W/turbonetics BB 60-1 .81AR T4 and intercooler 10psi
    Nelson custom tune
    built 4L60E-hopefully it lasts
    2500 stall-Hughes converters
    42LB injectors
    3.5 Magnaflow exhuast
    6inch lift on 35x12.50s

When I went to the front mount I just purchased hot pipes from Nelson Performance. I bought a shorter oil line from the turbo to the pan, and then bought a few odds and ends from oreillys. Since you basically already have eveerything you will most likely be able to get everything locally. I also even used spare piping I had to mate the front mount to the intercooler.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

anyone know any good local shops that has or can fab a manifold? allen if your reading this PM me a price on the hot pipes please.thanks
    Nelson custom tune
    42LB injectors
    3.5 Magnaflow exhuast
    6inch lift on 35x12.50s

That or theres probably a handful of places within houston that will.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

casey23 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    When I went to the front mount I just purchased hot pipes from Nelson Performance. I bought a shorter oil line from the turbo to the pan, and then bought a few odds and ends from oreillys. Since you basically already have eveerything you will most likely be able to get everything locally. I also even used spare piping I had to mate the front mount to the intercooler.
    didnt u go from a 67mm turbo to a 70mm or a Bigger one and also install a cam when u went front mount?... along with nelson hotpipes kit.... Just getting keeping all my facts strait since i know you truck made 525 on Allens dyno... just keeping a "log" of 5.3 performance Power/ET's/Mods ...

Quote Originally Posted by casey23 View Post
    didnt u go from a 67mm turbo to a 70mm or a Bigger one and also install a cam when u went front mount?... along with nelson hotpipes kit.... Just getting keeping all my facts strait since i know you truck made 525 on Allens dyno... just keeping a "log" of 5.3 performance Power/ET's/Mods ...
    You honestly need to read his post dude. You never read the entire post before you just take a dump and submit it as a reply. Since we are talking about facts here lets go over the FACTS of this thread and see how relevant your reply even is.

A. He has an STS setup and asked what is needed to go front mount.
    B. He didnt ask about a cam swap
    C. He didnt ask about going to a bigger turbo
    D. I went from an STS to a front mount
    E. I purchased hot parts
    F. I purchased a longer oil feed line
    G. I bought misc BS to do the swap
    E. That was his original question, about what is needed.

Now if he asked me about how much power I made, about what else I did when I went front mount, well then I would have answered it. But he didn't.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

casey23 Guest

wow..

You honestly need to read his post dude. You never read the entire post before you just take a dump and submit it as a reply. Since we are talking about facts here lets go over the FACTS of this thread and see how relevant your reply even is.

E. I purchased hot parts

Now if he asked me about how much power I made, about what else I did when I went front mount, well then I would have answered it. But he didn't.

cho welcome
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

lol i wish that was me.
    Nelson custom tune
    42LB injectors
    3.5 Magnaflow exhuast
    6inch lift on 35x12.50s

Quote Originally Posted by casey23 View Post

E. I purchased hot parts

Damn David I think Casey was just asking about your truck for his own benefit...
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

+ Reply to Thread