+ Reply to Thread

Thread: E-Fan's were to get the best

E-Fan's were to get the best

E-Fan's were to get the best. My truck runs cool until I hit a big hill and she has to drop a gear or two then it will jump up 20deg or so. But will drop right back down. So if I put on a 34"rad and fans should take care of that. Would it be worth the $$$. Now this is pulling an 24' enclose. Not pulling never get hot. Also were to plug it in to the ECU and will it need a retuning.

what year is the truck? I put a 34" in place of my 28' and noticed a huge difference. I am currently running ls1 fans (I believe any camaro/firebird 94-02 used same ones) Got them out of a junkyard for about $50.

There is about 3" of space on each side of the 34" radiator, but they fit the 28" perfect. Some people say the fans should cover the entire radiator...I've never had a problem. The truck fans will fit the 34" radiator a lot better, but cost more money. Someone has one for sale in the for sale section. I barely use the fans (unless ac is on or i'm stuck in traffic). I have mine on a switch, but i know nelson sells a harness, and can tune the pcm to take care of it for you.
    blown transmissions are about as useful as 97% of the guys on this forum

Truck is an 02. Just thinking have a long pull next mouth 14hr's one way.

the 34" will help the most. At highway speeds, don't think fans do much. I have even thought about adding a 2nd reservoir, so the system can hold more fluid. I have 2 bottles of "water wet" in mine. It's made for race cars, autozone sells it. Seemed to lower overall temps about 10*
    blown transmissions are about as useful as 97% of the guys on this forum

larger radiator and a nelson harness with a set of ls1 fans and youll be in there.

01CamaroZ28
    10.751 @ 124.26 mph with a 1.446 60ft
    ALL THRILLS NO FRILLS!!!!
    B&L Racing stg 1 heads 224/581 cam.
    06 silverado 6.0L VMAX LPP LT's, Volant CAI, Manaflow, NELSON TUNE.

+ Reply to Thread