+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Help me speed up this k1500

Done took 'er down to the Pep Boys an pimped it out.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMonster005 View Post
    thanks man i am glad someone looked at my truck and yah i failed with te flames and i wanna trade my stick on door handles for the real chrome handles but ill put a sound clip up one day for yall that like loud ass trucks and thanks im researchn the 6.0 now ill keep yall posted maybe if i get the 6.0 ill get more respect on the site and be accepted hehe
    You're accepted perfectly fine, you have to work with what you've got/have the money for... I had almost the same exact truck as you up until about a month ago, if you can't afford the swap, than just start picking away at other things. My 97 benefited the most from my 93 octane tune from Nelson Performance - Performance without Sacrificing Drivability it actually made my 4.3 fun to drive. Also, you referred to your headlights earlier, I do like that style for the 94-98 Chevy/GMCs, but I see you have the stock bulbs in there, I suggest you hit up HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning and get one of their slim ballast or raptor HID kits, I had 2 of their kits (Hi/Lo) in my 97 (as well as my new 09) and it was one of the best investments I made.
    2001 GMC Sierra SL ECSB - Project
    2012 Honda Civic Si - DD
    2009 GMC Sierra SLT ECSB - Sold

my truck is so filthy in them pics ill post some when it looks nice its clean now maybe post some tomorrow....goin drag racin friday i tweeked it a lil bit so im guna see what kinda times i can lay down then hopefully some med-high 9s (1/8m)
    I drive the truck you hear comming and wish you had it before you see it
    5.7 silverado- 3in body lift 33in cooper discoverys 17in eagle alloy rims, chrome everything, throttle body spacer, air intake, TRUE sraight pipes dual tubes allll the way back!

come on sleeper jeez dude sorry im a 20yr old that dont make a shit ton of money im tryin ok gotta start somewhere
    5.7 silverado- 3in body lift 33in cooper discoverys 17in eagle alloy rims, chrome everything, throttle body spacer, air intake, TRUE sraight pipes dual tubes allll the way back!

I'm broke and 20 too, but don't take me too seriously it's nothing personal just trying to get ya to look outside of the SBC, Computers are the devil bubble. Just remember - Cheap. Fast. Reliable. Pick two.

Hell here's my newb question thread. Years ago.
    http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/racer...eap-13s-2.html

Everybody gets a hard time for a while, I still do, it keeps the douchers out.
    Last edited by Frenchy; 06-07-2010 at 09:37 PM.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

its cool pretty truck btw what u running the 1/8th?

and what u mean SBC?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMonster005 View Post
    and what u mean SBC?
    SBC = Small Block Chevy a.k.a. the motor you have in your 97.
    2012 Honda Civic Si - DD

lol wow now i feel dumb i still think id like to stroke the 350 to a 383 u think the 383 or the stock 350 can hadle any juice? i have a 150 shot of nos but im afraid of hookin it up

I think you'd be safe on more like a 100, better to keep it at a 100 and be conservative... I know the NBS (99-06) and NNBSs (07-Current) can spray usually up to around a 150 on a stock motor... I'd say spray the crap out of it until it blows, then start on the swap... I definitely don't have any experience with nitrous though, so maybe one of the smarter guys will chime in for you.
    Last edited by bartjo06; 06-07-2010 at 10:03 PM.
    2012 Honda Civic Si - DD

+ Reply to Thread