+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Turbo drain weld in fitting...

Mines at the bottom, Ill be alright.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

LOL... mine is on the bottom too

how hot is the oil from the turbo compared to the regular oil?

put water in the microwave for 3 minutes... that hot... i know... its crazy....
    single digit street truck

for build info

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...cs-garage.html

The best advice I have ever heard:... Only take B( . Y . )ST advice from someone that is CURRENTLY running a turbo setup close to, or bigger than what you want......

ok ok, jk, sorry for the misundertanding, lol. thought it was funny, like a muffler bearing thing.

Dumb question but I guess it has to be above the oil level in the pan or you could just use the drain plug?

Geez you know everybody is sensative right now.... LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    ok ok, jk, sorry for the misundertanding, lol. thought it was funny, like a muffler bearing thing.

Thanks for the replies! We ended up welding it in the pan right below the balancer. I figured oil would drain here since 1: No oil is stationary at this location, and 2: It would ONLY possibly not drain under heavy braking, and 3: this keeps the line away from the header, starter, and last of all #4: Its f'in easy!!! lol
    -2005 1500 Z71 ECSB 6.0 swap, Cooks Racing 4L80E, NP261HD, Carolina Driveline 5" shaft, CST Tie-Rods, front mount 76mm, Livernois hot pipes, Circle-D 258mm (~3500), Mallory 2-step, 100 Dry shot, 750CC RC Eng. Inj, Nelson Tuned, 4.10's, all through a STOCK 10-bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Warsteiner View Post
    Thanks for the replies! We ended up welding it in the pan right below the balancer. I figured oil would drain here since 1: No oil is stationary at this location, and 2: It would ONLY possibly not drain under heavy braking, and 3: this keeps the line away from the header, starter, and last of all #4: Its f'in easy!!! lol
    Why would you want to put it at the front of the pan?... anytime you race in reverse the oil from the turbo will not drain into the pan... mine are in the side of the pan... if I'm ever racing sideways, I've got bigger problems than oil return
    30' Ford Model A Tudor Sedan - Custom chassis - Big bore LS2 - twin B76's - Glide - 9" w/ 3.07 gears - 30" DR tire - 2k lbs cruiser

Mine are on the side as well, i guess i'm screwed when i drift.

+ Reply to Thread