+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Motor mounts and a couple more questions

Motor mounts and a couple more questions

I checked the 4.3-5.3 thread and saw about 3 different options for engine mounts, I'd like to get them ordered tomorrow. No junk yards around here keeps any motor mounts from their wrecks so I have to order them through work. Do you need BOTH engine mounts and BOTH frame mounts to go from V6 to V8? I just took my 4.3 mounts and bolted them to my LS6, bolted up fine, test fitted the engine in the truck and one lines up and one is about an inch or inch and a half from the frame mount. Didn't figure they'd work but since I was bored I decided to try. It sure looks good under the hood though, can't wait to get this thing running! Also if anyone has or sees a wiring harness for a 99-02 V8 I need one, my F-body harness won't work. Anyone use a 03+ DBW harness and just not plug in the pedal and TB connectors? If the tune if for DBC it shouldn't be a problem right? I have to join my VSS wire off my standard trans to the harness which will more than likely be from an auto, anyone know if the VSS circuit from an auto and manual are the same? if the connector is the different i'll just cut the one off the 4.3 harness and wire it into that circuit.

Thanks guys!
    2000 Chevy Silverado RCSB LS6 5 speed, LS6 short block, 317 heads, LS6 intake, Lunati 220/224 .575/.575 112LSA cam, Edelbrock Headers, CTS-V accessory drive, Nelson Performance Custom Tune.

For the mounts.
    LH 15113848
    RH 15113847

Thats for an '06 2wd I sincerely doubt theres any difference though. You have no good junkyards up there? The DBC harness should be easy to find, and I'll email you what I've got figured out for converting the auto harness into a factory style 5speed harness
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

+ Reply to Thread