+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HIDs or HIRs??

thanks a bunch, Christian. they came in today while i was at work. everything seems to be in good order (except that i need to find a ring terminal to ground my relay harness - there wasn't one there after the extension got soldered on). the even better news is that i just found out i've got tomorrow morning off, so i'll actually have time to put them in before next week.

i decided to do a quick plug-n-play on one side whilst there was a smidge of daylight left & WOW what a difference! it made me realize even more how bad i need to clean the inside of the projector lenses.

thanks for putting up with eleventy billion PMs - you're a good person to buy from.
    00 FRC - just top end, exhaust, and a hot-air intake
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd
    ↓ click the pic for the build ↓

I wish I got a bonus for this sale lmao.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

so i got them installed today & they definitely make a world of difference. the only complaint i have is that Duct_tape said these would be whiter than usual kits, but they're definitely just as blue as every other 35W 6000K kit i've seen, which ain't what i wanted.
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd

Sorry about the harness, I custom make them and must have forgot to put the ring terminal on. If they are too blue I will exchange them for a set of 5000K bulbs, just pay shipping. Just let me know what you want to do. Get some pictures!
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

considering the only camera i have access to ain't all that great and trying to get a decent white balance & exposure was a real pain, here's a couple quick shots...

i added in my fogs for color comparison - 55W H3 halogens
    but ya know what? after lookin at these 6000Ks for a while tonight, i reckon i'll stick with them. they ain't blue enough to be annoying - just a little more than i was expecting.

the color they look in the dark picture is what i was going for, but they're actually slightly more blue than they look with the flash.
    i tried to get a few shots against a wall, too, but none of them turned out right - it's almost 0200 & i'm really tired, so i quit trying.

don't worry about the ring terminal, i'll pick one up at the hardware store later (surprisingly i ain't got none laying around, but i did have an extra scotch-lock for now)

ps - yeah... i know my 194s are faded as all get out. i'm fixin to replace all the corner bulbs when i do my DRL -> blinker mod
    Last edited by zebra; 03-31-2010 at 01:50 AM.
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd

They look good bud.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

That looks sick! The 6000Ks are a little bluer at first, but as you get some use out of them they will become more white. Let me know if you need anything else!
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    They look good bud.
    way on down the list is doing a HID conversion on my fogs too...

Quote Originally Posted by Duct_tape123 View Post
    That looks sick! The 6000Ks are a little bluer at first, but as you get some use out of them they will become more white. Let me know if you need anything else!
    thanks fellers!
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd

I bought my hids at ddmtuning.com also! I am very satisfied with them. Good product and great price.

i actually ended up getting mine from Duct_tape123. almost 2 weeks in & no problems so far. i'm almost wishing i'd went ahead & got a 55W kit, but these are still a huge improvement over the halogens
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd

+ Reply to Thread