+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 4L60E to 4L80E conversion in a GMT900

in order for your 80e to work, you need to rewire the tcm connector and flash the tcm with a truck vin that was equipped with an 80e.

Thank you.

The TCM pin 45 has been moved to 26. I changed all the wiring in the main trans connector, and added the front ISS. Everything mentioned in first post was done word for word wiring wise.

So, the all important question, can HPT flash the Express vin and segment 1,2,3, and 4 to the TCM? My tuner nor I feel like dropping $100 if it doesn't work.

Did you ever find out how to solve the 4l80e 4x4 swap? My truck has the manual shift transfer case and I have been thinking about getting Rossler built 60e or doing the 80 swap if I know what trans and transfer case to buy.
    2010 Silverado 4.8 Ext Cab 4x4
    Cam, Stall, 4.88's

i did this swap, followed this tut. everything works, tranny shifts fine, speedo works no issues. however, tow haul isn't working. i'm using a t42 tcm out of a 08 van with the 80e... anyon else have this issue? btw this is an a 08 rcsb sierra

glad it's helping others.

i really need to update this thread, things have changed so much.

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    glad it's helping others.

i really need to update this thread, things have changed so much.
    farmtruc, would you happen to know what could cause my tow haul to not work after the 80e swap? any help is appreciated.

Know this is a old thread but wanting to do the 4l80 swap on my 2011 GMC Sierra that has the 6l80 and autotrac transfer case. What all is needed to buy for this? Did you guys fig out the 4x4 issues? Im pretty sure i won't have any issues fitting my transfer case to the 4l80 as its the same input and bolt pattern as an Atlas transfer case from what I'm told and trans adapters has the right adapter for it already. Will it still work and function correctly tho? Also I wouldn't mind dropping the truck off at Nelson if he can do the whole swap for me as long as everything still works 100%.
    2011 GMC Sierra 4x4 427 LSX 6-Speed

Does anyone have an image of swapping pin #45 to #26 at the tcm connector

there.
    Attached Images

How about the shift linkage what was done for that i have issues with mounting it up

+ Reply to Thread