+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 4L60E to 4L80E conversion in a GMT900

dang i was really hoping this had been figured out. i thought maybe a 6l80e autotrac transfercase input shaft would work.
    NNBS CCSB Z71
    Lifted Exhaust Tune SLOW haha

another option is that the output shaft from the 4l80e could be changed out to a 27 spline output. i know they are out there.
    NNBS CCSB Z71
    Lifted Exhaust Tune SLOW haha

I'm a little confused on this part

"This means, you must replace the factory 5.3L flex plate with a flex plate and spacer from any 2002+ ¾ HD GM truck that originally came with a 4L80e transmission."

I thought as long as the flexplate is off a chevy, and has 6 torque converter bolts, it will work????????? I plan on using a flexplate off a 1998, but after reading this I am worried I might have to find another flexplate

Quote Originally Posted by TTU713 View Post
    I'm a little confused on this part

"This means, you must replace the factory 5.3L flex plate with a flex plate and spacer from any 2002+ ¾ HD GM truck that originally came with a 4L80e transmission."

I thought as long as the flexplate is off a chevy, and has 6 torque converter bolts, it will work????????? I plan on using a flexplate off a 1998, but after reading this I am worried I might have to find another flexplate

I used the spacer with long bolts and flex plate from an 02 originally. I now have a three bolt custom converter that bolts directly to the stock 60e flex plate.
    you should be able to use the six bolt flex plate if you buy the spacer and longer bolts it you are using a stock converter and you dont have a 6L with the already longer crank extension.
    Last edited by RedHeartbeat; 06-30-2011 at 08:30 AM.

I have to give a shout out to RedHeartBeat for a great write up and quick responses to my Q&A...

Hey guys just finished doing my swap as per the instructions. Everything went just as described. I was having issues with my speedo not working so I bought 2 new sensors and still no luck....just beacuse you have a 4l80e tune doesnt mean that everything is going to work. Use and follow the VIN and info given in the write up. If you gear indicator doesn't work go back and ensure the wires slide back into the correct pin holes...I had one misalign and gear indicator was acting up....still shifted correctly and all but dash wasnt putting the underline under every gear.

just follow the write up is all i have to say....

IF you need a crossmember contact PATC they built mine since I cant fab or know anyone in my area...

i was wanting to do this but being that 4wd isnt working???? what years 80e's are interchangable with what years? i have a 2000 silveardo 60e right now

Wiring mods...
    Remove K(orange), V(light blue),

on the connector key found on another site there is no k or v in the 4l60e connector.

my truck is an 02 and dont think gm changed the plug

i want to run the iss sensor using the existing harrness because i only purchased the sensor plug and dont have extra pins laying around

i found my shop manual. the 2 wires not used by the 80 are now run to the iss sensor, swapped the wires at the pcm

Bumping this back to the top. I seem to be having far more difficulties than others in this thread (disregarding the 4wd guys and their t-case issues)

Plain and simple, how the hell do I get this C2500 Express van vin # and these segments from page 1 loaded into my TCM?

I have one very knowledgeable tuner with HPT that told me segment swapping is not available on E38/T42 NNBS ECM and TCM, and that HPT can't control the TCM and ECM separately. (my interpretation of what he said anyways). I have another tuner with EFILive that found a file from EFILive's forum for a 4l80e with T42 TCM. Both tuners were at my house tonight. The guy with EFILive flashed the 80e/T42 tune in, and then eventually my HPT guy was able to copy the file. The truck still isn't acting right. It acts like it is perhaps in limp mode and starting in second gear, and the speedo isn't working.

Does this require a TechII?
    Can it be done with HPT?
    Can it be done with EFILive?

I saw on PT.net where Redheartbeat covered this swap, where he mentioned buying a TCM from an 08' HHR off ebay with the same serial # as his factory TCM. Why? Instead of flashing, can we unplug one TCM and plug in another? If you can't tell, I'm beyond lost. Thanks for any and all help.

+ Reply to Thread