+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: power loss?

power loss?

I have a single in duual out flowmaster 40 series and one of my pipes rusted through at the muffler and my wife drug it home that way.my question is with the exhaust half dumped and one side going out the back is the back pressure all screwed up?i drove it today for the first time since and no power threw all rpm range.Im going to cut the other side off this weekend and wait till warmer to have new duals ran out.anybody seen this?
    Nothing stock...I either broke it or replaced it before I broke it!!

That should have nothing to do with the power. The exhaust will exit through the least restrictive path. The way the flowmasters are designed the tail pipe length is not a factor.
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

The muffler could have a blockage, is there any rattling coming from the muffler? Could also be a clogged cat converter.
    '04 CC 2500 6.0 4L80E, K&N CAI, Magnaflow dual exhaust exit b4 rear wheel, 93 black bear tune

no rattles.whats the easiest way to check the cats.

There is really no way to check the cat, U really go by the engine performance. How does ur truck accelerate up a hill or say flooring it when u pass someone? When a cat is clogged it feels like a governor is in place. how many miles on your truck?
    Last edited by green2500; 02-17-2010 at 07:50 PM.
    '04 CC 2500 6.0 4L80E, K&N CAI, Magnaflow dual exhaust exit b4 rear wheel, 93 black bear tune

120,000 its take off isnt the same and earlier i nailed it going about 55 and the speedo just creeped up.this sucks!

I would say u have a clogged cat. Is ur check engine light on? Just curious

nope.thats what steers me away from cats,wouldnt it be throwing a o2 code.or am i wrong?

Yeah, it would be throwing a code. You have operating rear O2 sensors, right?

2000 ECSB 6.0L
    TORQUER V2 CAM ● COMP 918's ● 7.4 HARDENED PUSHRODS ● K&N SERIES 77 CAI ● 80mm BBK ●PACESETTER LT HEADERS AND 3'' ORY ● SUPER 40 FLOW ● 3000 STALL ● 4.10s ● BUILT 80e ● VORTEC PERFORMANCE TUNE ● MSD 8.5mm PLUG WIRES● ELEC. CUTOUT ● UD & ALT PULLEYS ● FLEX-A-LITE E-FANS ● 22" CENTERLINE STINGRAY III's ● LUND FIBERGLASS TONNEAU ● 2" LEVELING SHACKLES ● 12K HID LOWS & FOGS ● LEDs ● DEBADGED ● WHITE-FACED ESCALADE GAUGES ● KICKER 450.1 ● 2-CVR 10's ● DS60's ● K693's

yeah all o2's are operating.so my lose in back pressure isnt the issue?

+ Reply to Thread