+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5.3 into 85 C10

5.3 into 85 C10

I will post as much pictures as possible, but this project will probably take a little larger getting everything ready for the swap.
    I am new to this form and new to the LSX scene as well. I have owned my truck for about two yrs now and have only done a little bit to it. 3inch springs, 2in shackles with a flip kit. Rhino lining under the bed. HIDs, and radio and speakers with full blk interior.
    My next project is putting a 5.3 into my truck. found a used 5.3. I am picking up from a friend of mine. I know that I will need a trans, but I would like to know what I need for this swap. I have read some of the conversion threads and know kinda what I need but if possible, I would like to see almost a list of things I need. And if there is a thread out there please let me know. Thanks guys for any infomation that I get, I appreciate any post.

Thumbs up

nelson performance wiring harness motor mount adapters 91 burban instrument cluster(for the electronic speedo) or you can use the late model one like I am 55 gallon drum of elbow grease retuned pcm (also nelson performance) drop in fuel pump for your gas tank fuel lines driveshaft mods will have to cut and or bend the frame for passenger header clearance and a/c if you run it. a/c lines if you run it. Thats all I know for now cuz I am doing the same thing.....

I have some info here

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...-stepside.html

Rebuilding my 87

nelson performance is good from what i here, but if you are looking to save a little on that I have the info for someone that will rebuild your OEQ LS1 harness for about 200. All in the route you want to go, I know people who have used him and they are pleased, but just hit me up i have collected a lot of info on this swap

Thank you guys so much. I think I have read 10,000 post today trying to peace what all I need. Its been a long day.
    Thanks again and I will try to post pics when I can.

+ Reply to Thread