+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mickey thomson ATZ tires

Mickey thomson ATZ tires

my truck is going to be needing tires soon so i stared looking looking around. right now i have BFG all terrains 285/75R16 and i like them but i wanted to get something else now. im really liking the mickey thomson atz, has anyone ran these tires? or heard anything good about them? are the BFGs better?
    1982 c10 lsx swaped, NP tuned, true duals, 4:11s, trutrac, e-fans, CAI

I got em, (315/75/16) only bout 3-4K cause truck has been down. But they are capable of up to 40K miles. Very little noise and hook up well. I never saw too much out of BFG TA's.
    2013 CC 5.3
    81 C10 LS1 project

I ran the BFGs for some time and then recently switched to Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and i like them alot better. Better grip, better handling, higher load rating, overall a better tire. Im not sure about the mickey thomson though, heard they make good tires though.
    2000 Silverado Ecsb 5.3 Z71. Work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    I ran the BFGs for some time and then recently switched to Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and i like them alot better. Better grip, better handling, higher load rating, overall a better tire. Im not sure about the mickey thomson though, heard they make good tires though.
    I heard a lot of people are also making the move to the duratracs for a better overall AT, and should be replacing the BFGs in that category
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

I had the BFG's in the same size and loved them. Only got about 35-37K out of them. My dad has the Brigestone Dueler Revo's on his duramax and hes gotten about 50K out of them. They are a pretty dang good tire. Great grip in rain/snow and ride well. They ARE a little more expensive than the BFG's but if I were going to be getting all-terrain tires again I would go with the Dulers.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

BFG Mud Terrain FTW!
    GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT RICER MATH!

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

I have the Mickey Thompson ATZ's (305 65 17) and I love them too. I ordered mine from Off Road Tires - Super Swampers, Pro Comp & Dick Cepek Tires, Mickey Thompson Wheels, KMC & XD Series Wheels - Tire Package They're on sale there right now. The sale price shows up in the cart after you choose the one's you want. I had them shipped to me and then took them to Wal-Mart to have them mounted and balanced. The mounting and balancing was around $50 and included lifetime rotation and balance. When I bought mine it cost me approx. $950 for the tires, shipping, and the mounting and balancing.

i like the nitto terra grapplers, dad has 55K miles and still rolling

Quote Originally Posted by sierraman View Post
    i like the nitto terra grapplers, dad has 55K miles and still rolling
    We have Mud Grapplers on the hummer

thanks ill look into those goodyears. so many good tires to choose from ill read some reviews before i buy tires.
    1982 c10 lsx swaped, NP tuned, true duals, 4:11s, trutrac, e-fans, CAI

+ Reply to Thread