+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears, Posi's, Lockers, Bearings, Axles, More!

I am really impressed by how fast the shipping is. I ordered on Tuesday with the free shipping and the delivery date is Thursday. That's really good for a 55 pound box from Tennessee to Texas.
    '00 Silverado 4.8L (Gone)
    '11 Silverado 4.8L

Quote Originally Posted by RUFFNECK View Post
    ...First relieve the pressure before doin' that or else you will get a nasty squirt and may get in ur eye.

Will I have to have my computer reprogrammed after the gear swap?

Yes so your speedo isnt off.
    2000 Silverado ECSB- 5.3 CAI, Pacesetter LTs, ORY- Pipe, Magnaflow XL, E-fan, Ported T/B , Nelson Tuned, Built 4l60e, Circle D Stall, 3.42s G80, 2-4 Drop, Hertz Highs, Rockford 501s

2004 Buell XB12s

Quote Originally Posted by LamboDoNoMo View Post
    "Never give up, NEVER BACK DOWN!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by RONS MACHINING SERVICE View Post
    Hello, the AAM gears are $199.99, but not available in the 4.30 ratio. The 4.30 Motives are also on backorder. We have Yukon and USA Standard 4.30's available.

Thanks!
    Ron - with AAM not being available in 4.30, what would be your top recommendation out of Motive, Yukon, and USA Standard for a 4.30?

Also, what are your views about gear break-in periods?

Thanks!
    2006 Z71 Tahoe - Silver Birch Metallic
    GO: Wheatley 93 street tune, TR220-112 cam, PAC 1218 springs, Comp rocker trunions, U/D pulley, LS2 timing chain, JBA headers, cat delete, Magnaflow catback, AEM CAI, 180º stat, ported TB, Circle D 3200, TransGo HD2, billet servos, Tru-Cool 40K, LS6 valley cover, and many more...
    SHOW: Ford keys, 2" spacers, Bilstein 5100, SS cluster, HIDs, LEDs, and many more...

Quote Originally Posted by Z'06 View Post
    Ron - with AAM not being available in 4.30, what would be your top recommendation out of Motive, Yukon, and USA Standard for a 4.30?

Thanks!

just to let ya know i went with USA_S gears so far so good, i have beat on them for the last few weeks and theyre holding up great!!
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

I just ordered Yukon 4.88 gears for front and rear. Randy

which locker would be the best to hold up against nitrous.. i have heard horror stories about the crappy g80 and might as well start shopping now. .

5/9 mchgys\belltech\boss 330\streetscene\reflexxion\flowmasters\servos\tune

Cammed,Stalled,lts,ory,elec cutout, 4.56,transgo,servos,flowstoppers,

soon to come a little shot of nitrous

Best is probably the detroit locker but 2nd best and most affordable would most likely be the detroit truetrac.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by Z'06 View Post

Thanks!
    Hi, well, all three gears are made of the same 8620 steel, so strength will be the same. For the most part the Yukon's are the quietest running gears besides AAM. The break-in procedure is very important. The main thing is not to build to much heat into the gears. The first 500 miles should consist of short trips with a cool down period every 15-25 miles. You should not tow anything for the first 500 miles. The oil should also be changed after the 500 mile break-in period.

Thanks, Ron

Quote Originally Posted by foggy View Post
    I just ordered Yukon 4.88 gears for front and rear. Randy
    Thanks for the order Randy!

+ Reply to Thread