+ Reply to Thread

Thread: old school tranny issues need help pics...

Exclamation old school tranny issues need help pics...

My tranny went kaboom today...1984 350 tranny... My drive shaft had a huge dent in it and it was givivng me some pretty bad vibrations around 55-60+ miles per hour. I replaced the shaft with one that was 1/2 inches longer. tranny has been slipping a little for about a week any how...So I pulled the tranny and the rear shaft wobbles pretty good around the tail shaft but I dont know how much is too much...then I saw deep ridges inside the torque converter and the input shaft..... I have reverse but no forward. What is wrong here just a torque converter of the whole tranny?????thanks for any help.

inside of torque converter

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...o/IMG00079.jpg

shaft going into tranny...

Well, there will be some end play in the output shaft...but how much? We don't know.

When you replaced the DS for one 1/2" longer, did you make sure it didn't shove up into the output shaft too much? Not totally sure, but does a TH350 have a 1310 slip yoke?

If you have no forward gears, then I would suspect your input sprag is shot. Since its an 84, I would go ahead and do a full rebuild.

2000 ECSB 6.0L
    TORQUER V2 CAM ● COMP 918's ● 7.4 HARDENED PUSHRODS ● K&N SERIES 77 CAI ● 80mm BBK ●PACESETTER LT HEADERS AND 3'' ORY ● SUPER 40 FLOW ● 3000 STALL ● 4.10s ● BUILT 80e ● VORTEC PERFORMANCE TUNE ● MSD 8.5mm PLUG WIRES● ELEC. CUTOUT ● UD & ALT PULLEYS ● FLEX-A-LITE E-FANS ● 22" CENTERLINE STINGRAY III's ● LUND FIBERGLASS TONNEAU ● 2" LEVELING SHACKLES ● 12K HID LOWS & FOGS ● LEDs ● DEBADGED ● WHITE-FACED ESCALADE GAUGES ● KICKER 450.1 ● 2-CVR 10's ● DS60's ● K693's

I found a 400 for 200 bux so imma swap it out tomorrow but Im thinking if I can find a 700r4 before then I will go with that for the overdrive

+ Reply to Thread