+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2000 Silverado 4.3L - 5.7L swap

Yes it's finally running, been so busy this summer and it's been insanely hot, so after working on cars all day long in the heat that's the last thing I wanted to do when I got home lol. Finally cooled off and got the rest of the crap done on it to get it going. Still have to do a bit more wiring and stuff before I can put it on the road. Have a bit of an exhaust leak that you can hardly hear, its near the front. Just a little weld job will fix that up. Once I get it down to work I have to put the filter along the frame rail, didn't want to screw with rusty lines in my garage. Gotta get the throttle cable bracket fixed up to work, doesn't look to be too complicated. Gotta cut about an inch off my CAI pipe to make it work, guess with the lower profile LS6 intake the V8 truck CAI pipe is a touch too long for the LS6. Anyways here's a video, gonna get some more work done on it today while it's cool out!

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ent=LS6vid.mp4
    2000 Chevy Silverado RCSB LS6 5 speed, LS6 short block, 317 heads, LS6 intake, Lunati 220/224 .575/.575 112LSA cam, Edelbrock Headers, CTS-V accessory drive, Nelson Performance Custom Tune.

What's up

My question is from what year and car or truck do you use the harness for the ls1 swap

Can I use the harness the come with the ls1 corvette 97-04 engine?

No get the V8 truck harness, I bought an F car harness and the fuse block connectors were totally different. All I had to swap was the injector plugs for the LS6. I used a 2wd truck harness from 2001.
    2000 Chevy Silverado RCSB LS6 5 speed, LS6 short block, 317 heads, LS6 intake, Lunati 220/224 .575/.575 112LSA cam, Edelbrock Headers, CTS-V accessory drive, Nelson Performance Custom Tune.

Kool

So how is your truck working with the new hp ,,lol

Where did you get your tune for your PCM ?
    Did you have to go to a emission test?

i think it's high time to get a running video...
    00 FRC - just top end, exhaust, and a hot-air intake
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd
    ↓ click the pic for the build ↓

+ Reply to Thread