+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2000 Silverado 4.3L - 5.7L swap

Well still no valve springs, I don't know what the hell is taking so long, bought Lunati's off eBay from a performance shop in Mississippi, same place I bought my cam. Dang I hope they come next week, the weather is finally above 50 degrees so it's comfortable to work in a non-heated garage. I am itching to get that thing in!
    2000 Chevy Silverado RCSB LS6 5 speed, LS6 short block, 317 heads, LS6 intake, Lunati 220/224 .575/.575 112LSA cam, Edelbrock Headers, CTS-V accessory drive, Nelson Performance Custom Tune.

just curious... where'd you get your hurst shifter at? i'm trying to find someone that still has one sitting around & ain't coming up with nothin.

how do you like it? what's the new feel?
    00 FRC - just top end, exhaust, and a hot-air intake
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd
    ↓ click the pic for the build ↓

Quote Originally Posted by zebra View Post
    just curious... where'd you get your hurst shifter at? i'm trying to find someone that still has one sitting around & ain't coming up with nothin.

how do you like it? what's the new feel?
    Found it on the Jegs website, haven't actually ordered it yet, waiting for a complete list I need from them to make one order, to save with the international shipping costs.

Update pics coming soon!
    2000 Chevy Silverado RCSB LS6 5 speed, LS6 short block, 317 heads, LS6 intake, Lunati 220/224 .575/.575 112LSA cam, Edelbrock Headers, CTS-V accessory drive, Nelson Performance Custom Tune.

sweet man, cant wait to see it run.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL

2017 RZR 1000 2 SEATER
    2023 RZR 1000 XP 4
    2008 LTZ DURAMAX 3500
    2023 300S 5.7
    2023 BUICK ENCORE[/B]

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.

Do you gotta deal with the gayness that is an e-test Shaun? I know if I lived 15 minutes West I wouldn't have to deal with it. Scratch that your truck is old enough to be classed as a hot rod, I think.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by 00shortbox View Post
    Found it on the Jegs website, haven't actually ordered it yet, waiting for a complete list I need from them to make one order, to save with the international shipping costs.
    you sure? i've called them (and everybody else) & they said they ain't been able to get them since they got discontinued.
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd

This is the one I'm going with Zebra

Centerforce DF188450 Centerforce Dual Friction Clutches

Devin, no e-tests for me, thankfully I live in Renfrew County where there is no emissions testing, 2km west of here when you cross into Ottawa city limits and cross the Lanark County line, you're SOL, that's e-test country.

Anyways here's some pics. Started on the truck last weekend, decided to do it at home so I could pick away at it and take my time, and not rush it. If I did it at work I'd have to take a friday off to do the swap and finish it up on saturday with wiring and all that crap. Anywho, I got the old boat anchor pulled out, waiting on my clutch and flywheel so I can bolt the engine and tranny together and put it in the truck. Last thing I need is the front accessories, that'll be ordered when I order the clutch/flywheel from Jegs, and she'll be ready to fire. I'm STILL waiting on my freaking valve springs from this place in Mississippi, ordered my cam from them too and it took a while, but not this long! This has been over a month now!

Anyways here's some pics

Quote Originally Posted by 00shortbox View Post
    This is the one I'm going with zebra

Centerforce DF188450 Centerforce Dual Friction Clutches...
    no, i was talking about the Hurst short throw shifter you listed in your sig...

ps - that engine bay's way dirtier than mine!
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd

Lucky bastard, no e-test. And don't put your freshly painted LS6 in that filthy ass bay
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Yeah yeah, I know, it's dirty now, but it won't be when it's done! Gonna touch up all the rust spots on the frame too before she goes in.

+ Reply to Thread