+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: looking to swap a 5.3 engine and trans to an 85 p/u

keniff, I have questions in regard to operating the vss in the tranny for the computer. I know Advance Adapters sells a kit # 716073. My question is if I adapt to my original tranfer case which is np208 withthat adaptor how do I pick up the signal for the elect. speedo off of that? Or is this a question for the wiring company since I plan on running a custom made harness? I am planning on running a Dakota digital dash. If it matters the engine and tranny are out of an 08 silverado 4x4. Would it be easier to run a 88-91 K5 blazer np241 transfer case with the right hand drop? From what I have been reading they have the proper 40 pulse vss sensor on it already. I appreciate everyone's time with helping me with this I know I have alot of questions.
    Last edited by 85stepside; 01-04-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: had more questions

87oldyeller, Thanks for new info. I'm looking to run lt headers. As far as cats, none. Just duels to the rear bumper.I have the fac uncut wiring harness but I'm going with a custom harness. I'd like to sell the wiring harness along with tcase and uncut y pipe minus the front 02 sensors. How's your swap coming? I can't wait to start on mine. Current temp 18 degres. I haven't had chance to read your other forum. I almost forgot as far as a/c I'm going to try to keep the stock 350 compressor. I've seen a post where you can use a bracket from a s10or mid 90s camaro. Keep me posted on swap.

Mine is slow. Been sick. and really cold here. I am in Mobile Al. was 19deg this AM. I am use to mid 50's sometime 60 during winter. But i got my firewall & inner fender wells painted, Gonna use Pour-15 for frame, go energy suspension. I have to go pick up my engine and transmission I hope to do it this week but busy at work for the next 3 weeks with maintenance. So i might not be doing much Chevy work.

Hey I'm in the middle of an LQ9 6.0L swap in my 79 GMC LWB now. Lot of great info on the net to do this swap. Another option for the ECM reflash and wiring harness is Wait4Me Performance talk to Jesse. Total cost to mod your harness and reflash ECM is $320.00 shipped. Looks and works great. A lot of options for engine mount adaptor plates, headers,etc. Lot of great people to help every step of the way. Good Luck.
    "What Ever The Mind Of Man Can Conceive....... He Can Achieve"

1979 GMC Sierra LQ9 6.0L 4L60E

My Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=375914

1995 Ford Mustang GT 347 stroker

Hello, Can anyone tell me if Doug's headers # 324y-c will fit the 73-87 4x4 body. From what I understand they will hit the firewall on the driver side. If so by how much? Could I put a 1-2inch max body lift in to clear the header? Thanks

My build has taken a good step in the right direction. I got my 5.3L and 4L60E here today. I striped all the wiring out of it. Engine transmission and wiring and computer all came out of the same 2001 Chevy Sub. My brother pulled it it for me at the yard he works at so i got an uncut wiring harness. My only problem is it is DBW so i have to get a DBC throttle body and get a different harness but it is only going to cost me $225 rebuilt. where having the OEM rebuilt was going to be 200 so no real loss there. but it has 146,000 miles on it and i got the whole set up out the door loaded into my truck for $1350.00 they threw in almost everything under the hood *L* I got a lot i don't need like fan and fan shroud, all the air intake duct...

Quote Originally Posted by 87OldYeller View Post
    hey buddy hows the swap ! here is my lastest video on you tube
    trucks running good!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjcgXHjyChg

link

so to pass inspection dont you have to have cats? how can you run with only the front o2's and not get codes?

Quote Originally Posted by mercuno View Post
    so to pass inspection dont you have to have cats? how can you run with only the front o2's and not get codes?
    When u get the pcm flashed u let ur tuner know ur not running rear 02s and they will delete the code for them.
    00 Z28 just another cammed, stalled and sprayed LS1
    95 GMC sierra ext. cab
    Project : 73 chevy swb

+ Reply to Thread