+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Couple ?'s

Couple ?'s

First off... My truck is an 02 4.3L im switching to an iron 5.7L ive done alot of research and have a couple friends helping me out that have done 4.3 to LS swaps. I plan on running boost but not for another couple years or so. Im running P&P 862 heads on it so i know my CR will be somewhat low but i dont want it to be a dog N/A until i go turbo. Also im running stock crank but forged rods and pistons.

1. Anyone use the ls4 high flow oil pump? i know TSP had ls6 ported for 120 but they are back up to like 150-160 now...
    2. Whats a good set of forged pistons 3.898 bore that won't kill the bank... i was thinking of TSP Mahle pistons but i want to know what you guys think.

If any of you guys have spare 4.8/5.3 low mileage parts laying around let me know...
    still looking for

All A/C stuff
    Crank Pulley
    Water pump
    Starter
    Alt. bracket

I will add stuff as i think of it
    Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by f4tal; 01-08-2010 at 05:47 PM.
    Alex

02 Chevy RCSB V6 -> H/C 5.3L SOLD

03 GMC RCSB 5.3L CAI,Tune,3/6 drop

Quote Originally Posted by f4tal View Post
    First off... My truck is an 02 4.3L im switching to an iron 5.7L ive done alot of research and have a couple friends helping me out that have done 4.3 to LS swaps. I plan on running boost but not for another couple years or so. Im running P&P 862 heads on it so i know my CR will be somewhat low but i dont want it to be a dog N/A until i go turbo. Also im running stock crank but forged rods and pistons.

I need to go get another motor in order to swap stuff over to my new iron 5.7such as intake manifold, harness, sensors an whatnot anyways...

1. How many sensors do i need to look for on the harness when i pick up this other motor from the junkyard.
    2. Anyone use the ls4 high flow oil pump? i know TSP had ls6 ported for 120 but they are back up to like 150-160 now...
    3. Whats a good set of forged pistons 3.898 bore that won't kill the bank... i was thinking of TSP Mahle pistons but i want to know what you guys think.
    4.Whats a decent N/A cam for a forged iron LS1. Its alot easier to do a cam swap than swap rods an pistons later on.

Thanks in advance!!
    Not sure about some of those things but as far as pistons go, I would look at Probe pistons. They are good pistons and much lower in cost to the big names.

2004 Silverado Crew Cab, forged iron 5.7, STS w/MP turbo, 10+ psi, FMIC, Tial 50mm BOV, Vic Jr, Snow performance meth, MTI Stealth cam .220/.220 .581/.581 115lsa, Comp chromoly pushrods, Yank TT3000 stall, LS1 Efans, 160 tstat, Trucool 40k trans cooler, 60# injectors, Walbro fuel pump, Patriot springs, Built 4l65E w/billet input & output shafts, Eaton posi, SD tuned...all installed by Klein North Automotive

Quote Originally Posted by f4tal View Post
    4.Whats a decent N/A cam for a forged iron LS1. Its alot easier to do a cam swap than swap rods an pistons later on.

Thanks in advance!!
    TSP torquer v2
    ↓↓↓click pic to go to garage↓↓↓

408, WCCHL92s, nelson tune,4L80e 3600 Circle D,
    Intro Radicalli's

no one knows about the ls4 oil pump?! lol
    Alex

Get a Melling pump.

For the pistons, I actually have the Mahle forged pistons in my block, they're the teflon coated ones. I didn't think the price was bad and I wanted something that I could abuse with a big shot of nitrous.

Is this going to be a 5.3, 5.7, 6.0, or ? I've got an MS4 in my 6.0 and I love it! Some would say it's too nasty for a driver, but I actually really like it and I don't drive the car much anyways so having something with massive lope was something I wanted. But if you're doing a 5.3 then I wouldn't suggest this cam, you'd probably want something a little smaller.

Here's an example from my car

Last edited by BlueZee28; 12-19-2009 at 12:47 AM.
    <>< Nick <><

More Pics of the Z28's:
    http://www.omnipotent-goku.com/iroc/gallery/album140

And for the sensors, I don't know how many there are but there's a lot. The main ones I can think of off the top my head are:

injectors
    MAF
    MAP
    Idle air
    there's two or three sensors for the throttle body
    o2's
    alternator
    a/c
    coolant temp
    oil pressure
    <>< Nick <><

More Pics of the Z28's:
    http://www.omnipotent-goku.com/iroc/gallery/album140

back from the dead!

so i picked up an extra 5.3L to get most of the parts needed for my iron block. (which is for sale)

Idk if my budget will allow me to run forged internals so i may just go stock ls1 rods and pistons for now.
    Also im picking up a 228r complete cam package from a buddy stupid cheap and everything is brand new. couldnt pass it up.

Im still missing a few parts here and there but im hoping to get this thing in by the beginning of summer...

I thought ive heard somewhere that the V6 power steering pump and alt. will work on the V8 with the V8 acc brackets is it true?

I need to start a build thread but this will do for now.
    Last edited by f4tal; 01-08-2010 at 05:47 PM.
    Alex

yep your good with the alt and power steering
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Alright, thats what i though. just wasn't 100&#37; sure about it.
    Alex

+ Reply to Thread