+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 03 dbw harness to dbc

03 dbw harness to dbc

ok i know alot of people asked about this but i havent seemed to get a clear answer on this first i eventually plan on doing the 4.3 to 5.3 swap when i come up with the money my truck is an 03 so if i get the 03 harness and run a dbc throttle bodie do i just leave this unpluged or will i have to do some wire cuting and redoing in the harnes i want to have all my answers and the parts before i jump into this to make it quick and simple

I've been thinking about doing the same when I do my swap, but it's less of a headache to just convert your truck to DBW
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

what about the wiring under the dash is it just plug and play im not very good with electrical

From what I understand, you need the pedal the TAC module and every bit of wiring from it to the throttle body.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

sounds like alot of work

when you buy the motor if possible get the wiring harness, rather it be drive by cable or drive by wire, also make sure it has the intake. you can get all this and have no issues what so ever.if you just get a motor without intake, just make sure you buy a wiring harness to work with it rather it be cable driven or electronic.

remember youre changing a 4.3 to a v8 so the wiring harness and mounts are gonna be different.
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

sleeper is right on the TAC module and stuff sorry i left that out lol.. just look for a cable driven and you'll be fine.
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

Not a lot of work, remember you're using parts that were built for that truck, everything is there, you can do a full swap without splicing into a single wire. Not like you're wiring it into a truck that a 5.3 was never an option for. Plug n play
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

ok i think ive got a motor found it is just a long block 5.3 nothing else because i am going to do a few mods before install i would like to use an ls6 intake 243 heads or the best someone recomends a small cam headers and exhaust aftermarket pistons to bump comp. but still be a daily driver with a little nos for drag what year harness would be the best and easy to use whether it be dbc or dbw i would like to keep dbc but if not no big deal im sorry if i sound dumb the motor build is simple i can do that just electrical gets me give me a carb and i can make it scream all your help is awsome and i realy apreciate it thank u aslo who makes an afternmarket piston for the 5.3 thats doesnt cost an arm and a leg

use 4.8 pistons, or L33 5.3 H.O. pistons. There flat tops
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

+ Reply to Thread