+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: New Member in Mesa, AZ

Made the trip in record time last night. Drove all the way through and only got an hour long nap in. Man it felt good to be driving my truck again. Only problem is I could only pull off a little more than 15 MPG the whole trip and the SEL came on. I'll get around to scanning it one of these days, I need to catch up on sleep and school work.
    2000 GMC Sierra 5.3L 4x4 ECSB

Well welcome back! Glad the trip was good. Definitely sorry about your grandfather...but like you said he's in a better place and in no pain now.

Let the modding begin.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by bangbangskeetskeet View Post
    Well welcome back! Glad the trip was good. Definitely sorry about your grandfather...but like you said he's in a better place and in no pain now.

Let the modding begin.
    Thanks! Yea, I just wish I would have bought his '65 Ford Fairlane from him before he passed. It was supposed to be willed to me but my aunt and uncle ended up getting it. It sucks because I put a lot of time into it and they are beating the crap out of it. My uncle is an idiot when it comes to anything mechanical and he's already got the ignition torn apart because he thought something was wrong. Now he doesn't know how to put it back together so my dad has to fix the damn thing. Such a shame, the car was in damn good condition.

I'm not sure where to begin with the truck though. It needs some cosmetic work first. If I had someplace to work on it I would love to delve into the engine now. It's got the cold engine knock and burns about a quart of oil between changes. Any modding will have to wait until next summer when I'm back home for a month and have a garage to use.

Edit: Codes were P0420, which IIRC is the catalytic converter code. Lame.
    Last edited by Toadz; 10-28-2009 at 10:03 PM.
    2000 GMC Sierra 5.3L 4x4 ECSB

+ Reply to Thread