+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: spindles??

Question spindles??

This may be a dumb question but Im asking reguardless, on a 81 c10 2 wheel drive, why couldnt you just flip the spindles upside down and swap the sides so you keep your steering in the front, just flip the tie rod on the wheel end and get a few inches lower without buying those 3 to 4 hundred dollar spindles, criticize if you must I just want to know why I couldnt or shouldnt. thanks RED.

I dont know why you couldn't go that route. but i didn't i bought some from djm i dont think they were that high though. I paid $400 and got spindles, coils, shackles and flip kit, including rear shock extenders....
    2003 SIERRA- 5.3 DD
    1985 SWB C10- slow, future plans- shaved, painted, 6.0/4l80e

Wrong size balljoint tapers when you flip them upside down, most likely.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Thumbs up

That could be, but I guess since ive got my body off the frame and my front suspension and cross member apart from the frame, Ill try it and let everyone know how it goes incase anybody else might want to drop a couple inches as well... thanks guys. people actually help on here thats nice for a change from other forums ive been on..

are you not on the 67-72chevytrucks.com site? I looking at it and just by looking i wouldn't think the angle would be the same. I could be wrong though. Try it and see what happens will be interesting to know. Good Luck

Got Any Pictures???
    2003 SIERRA- 5.3 DD

no luck!!

Well I tried to no avail, the lower ball joint has a larger pin than the upper one. Was goin to take it all apart anyhow so no love lost there!!! If a man ( or woman) could find ball joints right opposite of the ones in there itd be cinch....

Sorry man. Let me know what you plan on doing for the drop. I've got the 5/5 from djm....just waiting to find some leaf springs, and I ordered a Polygraphite bushing kit from P.S.T. hoping to ride smooth like a caddy!
    2003 SIERRA- 5.3 DD

I thought I remembered the tapers being different sizes. Oh well, it was worth the effort to try it. I figured we'd all be doing them that way if it was easy.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

No Im not on 62-72 chevy, Im on nismo, and this, and one other I forgot hadnt been on there in so long. I dont think Ill drop it at all, I would have if that worked cuz it'd be cheap!! but overall not a fan of droping, lowered my hardbody once for about a week, hated it..... I prefer going up....

I have a 2" and 3" set of coils I would let you have for cheap if you were closer. The shipping would kill the deal though. I even have the shackles and hangers for the back.

00' Ls1, TSP 228R - 228/228 .588/.588, Yank SST3200, Nelson tune, Nelson wiring harness,
    s&p headers, custom radiator with e-fans,
    91 sub front end with billet grill and bowtie,
    autometer gauges, red and grey tweed interior, dual 2.5" flowmaster super 40, Dmh cut outs, 5"-7" drop,
    air shocks, 20" Intro twisted vistas, gaylords bed cover
    Coming soon: Air ride with an SD raised front crossmember and 6 link canti out back

+ Reply to Thread