+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Twin Setup

MidnightRider Guest

The New Twin Setup

OK to understand me Ive never been one to half ass things especially when it comes to my truck. My delema was i wanted some good power from these twins and still have a streetable show truck. I lifted a head on my Lq4 and after i tore it down i desided to build a iron block 370. I got with my local guy and priced out a long block and i was pleased with what i was getting. I was about to purchase the 370 when by happenstance i stumbled on a short block for sale . Many of you know of Kurt Urban perfromance and his turbo builds. I bought Mark Koehlers LSX 447 short block and im gonna build the twins on top of it. Ill be using Trick flow 245s with the same Harlon sharp rockers and the edelbrock proflow i already have. Im not going to give away all the details of the build but I will update as it gets done. Here are some pics of the car it came out of and pics of the short block. Mark told me on the phone that it made nearly 2k Horses. This car went 7.63 @189 with the LSX block. Mark is a stand up guy and has a sweet F body

This is the same setup ill be going with on heads and rockers along with the girdle

This is the short block i purchased Its a LSX 447ci bored over to 4.155, for the set of Diamond pistons. The Rods are Howards I beam and the crank is a Callies Compstar 4.125 stroke. Every thing hase arp and also it comes with 1/2 inch arp head studs. Im very excited about this motor and i know it will make good power my goal is 4 digits on pump gas and meth.

My 4L65e and Yank is up for sale. Ill be running a HPM 4L80e with billet input and intermediate shafts and behind that a DBRODS 4 link w/ 9 inch. I also am having Jon build me a fuel cell so i can get rid of the surge setup.
    Be patient with me on this cause im gonna spend alittle extra and do it right.

might have to get some bigger turbos now!! AWESOME build tho!!
    01 Silverado

holy crap has everyone hit the lotto

looks awsome keep us updated
    Last edited by cjcalhoun; 11-26-2009 at 11:05 PM.

Awesome Jason, excited to see where this goes.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Looks like a lot of fun. Am I correct in assuming that oil consumption/burning will be pretty drastic with those gas ported pistons when driving on the street? From what I understand they work very good for sealing the top ring when under power, but tend to suck oil pretty bad on decel. Just thought I'd bring this up since you said it was going to be a street truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    It's always a good big accomplishment to get such a big build running. So congratulations on that!
    However, you're already talking bs and the truck is on jack stands, lol.
    Get it on the track, run some respectable times, then say "to all the haterz" because that vid is weak lol.
    You got a long ways to go to compete with the turbos!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boosted View Post
    Sorry dude....what I meant is that you are full of shit. Your supercharged turd wont ever make it to the 8's and your wasting energies as Casey did.
    Go turbo and be done with it.

well god damm, you didnt just upgraded you took top of the cake. Hope it all works out for you
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

MidnightRider Guest
    definately running a catch can

those 62s going to be tiny. i would look into twin 76s or 78s
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

at least it should spool quick!!
    01 Silverado

Thanks now I have to go home and shower and change pants.
    Wife just wont understand that one.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

+ Reply to Thread