+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: 5.3 LM7 powered '97 BMW M3 sedan!

Wow!!!! This is one of the best and most complete build threads ive seen yet!!!! Id love to see this car in person!! I have a buddy with a 98 m3 and he wants to sell it but maybe ill manage to convince him tp breathe some life back into it!! Great thread!

Now 28,000 miles on the conversion, the 6.0L is running strong, still loving the car as much 15 months later as I did when I first drove it with the LSx. No issues with the conversion, just gas and oil changes and miles of smiles.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAAP View Post
    Now 28,000 miles on the conversion, the 6.0L is running strong, still loving the car as much 15 months later as I did when I first drove it with the LSx. No issues with the conversion, just gas and oil changes and miles of smiles.
    That's what I like to hear! So awesome!

Couple updates, putting the car, ’97 M3 sedan, up for sale minus the engine and trans, I’m moving on to a BMW 5 series to install my 6.0L and T56, the M3 will come with all the other goodies as outlined in this thread, (the Brembo big brake kit with new pads recently installed, brand new tires on all for corners just installed today, auto dimming mirror, the speaker box mentioned below, Euro Ellipsoid HID lights, etc, peruse this thread for more of what this car has). If anyone is interested, contact via E-mail or PM, drive it before you buy it ready for your LSx and trans.
    Car is doing fantastic, just over 31,500 miles on the conversion and its been flawless. Daily driven over the past year and half, through the freezing winter here in the Pacific Northwest, trip through the desert mid summer in 107+ degrees, car has been awesome. Only issues that cropped up have been the relay for the back up lights and reverse lock out went bad, cheapo polyurethane Lollipops cracked out replaced with nice solid BMW rubber versions, had a fuel line ahead of the fuel filter swell and leak, have a feeling when I purchased the EFI hose I was given some non EFI rated hose so all hoses have been replaced with known EFI hose just in case and the original 5.3 had oil pressure issues from the start up, knew it wouldn’t last long, was replaced with the addition of 700 more CC’s late July last year. Currently the trans is starting to howl a bit, will rebuild it before it goes into the E39.

Couple months back finally finished up the speaker box for the single 12” sub. 1.25 cubic feet volume, built so the spare can be retrieved without having to remove the box and being a ski-pass rear seat, took the time to seal the box to the ski pass. That alone made a noticeable difference in the quality and quantity of sound from the sub.

Are there many SS Pickup owners here? Dedicated SS truck forum out there?
    Last edited by BRAAP; 02-18-2013 at 10:05 PM.

1999 chevy silverado Z-71- 5.3, CAI intake, catback, nelson tuned, lpp lt's, vette servo, e-fans.

+ Reply to Thread