+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: AWD Conversion How-To

Wish I could do this to my OBS. I have all the AWD components from a 01 Denali.

If I can only make it fit I would do it. Within monetary reason that is. Maybe I will keep all the components for future use.
    Been lurking since 09 and I finally have my kickass 6.0 LQ4
    LQ4 LQ9 6.0L Engine Service Manual Save to your computer in case it disappears

AWD on OBS?

Will the same SSS/Denali transfer case and front differential work on an OBS, specifically a pre-98 truck? I've got a pretty good deal on a 96 2 dr Tahoe with 4wd (the one with the dashboard switches) and was thinking of making a later model Typhoon-type vehicle? Autocrossing with a 2 dr Tahoe and AWD might be a ton of fun. As well as making a neat street vehicle.

If I was converting a 2wd to AWD this way, does anything need to have electronics? I bought frame and front suspension from a 4x4 for $200 and I was just going to swap the body and rear axle over. And yes I know it's easier to to just buy a 4x4 but I have way too much money tied up in this truck and would take a huge loss selling it and for only being labor it doesn't seem like a big deal. Anyways, if I use the 149 and the SS front differential it appeared as though there were no wiring necessary for me to add?

20151001_144955.jpgI know this is an old thread. I have kind of been wanting a 2wd just like 03 Z71. Maybe going AWD is what I need. I can have the lower stance I want and still have the AWD. I have the auto option on mine now. Hmmm. I bought the truck with a 6.5" lift and tired of it. Rough riding sob. I like the truck itself and color. I like that it has the cat eye front with the sport side bed. I just wanted a 2wd but this might work.

Does anyone know what was done to the OP's suspension? It looks like it was lowered a little from the factory 4wd stance.

Quote Originally Posted by 85 silverado View Post
    Does anyone know what was done to the OP's suspension? It looks like it was lowered a little from the factory 4wd stance.
    Some how, I did not get a notification for this. All that was done was the keys cranked down all the way.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

+ Reply to Thread