+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: AWD Conversion How-To

so youre using your stock 4l60 harness thats been repinned to work the 80e? what are you doing for the rear speed sensor on the nvg149? if so do you have a link to that thread for wiring?
    Quote Originally Posted by zeake View Post
    I am using my stock automatic 5.3 harness. I used kysilverados 80e swap thread for the wiring from pt.net. My Front driveshaft is a stock reg cab short bed shaft. The key to the input gear is machining "I think". The only way I know for sure that it will work is the input gear from timetokill on sivlerado ss .com He works for the company that machines the input gear. I think they have a salvage yard also. My rear driveshaft is custom from http://www.pstds.com/. Hit me up if you have anymore questions. My memory is real fuzzy on it right now. It has been a while since I did the swap and I was not the mechanic for the job. I just got the information for my technician.
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

so how much do you say you spent and my truck is a manuel 4x4 so would i leave the lever on four high

I spent close to a $1000.00 if I remember correctly. Might have have been more.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

What if you put a quadasteer axle, that would be unique, not necessary, but cool to be able to say it is awd and aws.

Quote Originally Posted by 03whitez71 View Post
    What if you put a quadasteer axle, that would be unique, not necessary, but cool to be able to say it is awd and aws.
    I wanted to butI would have had to spend wayyyyy too much. Also the bcm and controls for the aws would be dificult with out a complet donor truck.

Hm...gotta find me a wrecked donor truck...

Hm...gotta find me a wrecked donor truck...
    You should write it up. I wish I could get a 2500 hd with a dmax and quadrasteer.

To buy or mod?

To buy or mod?
    If you are referring to me I want a 4door ccsb duramax. I am over the tiny interior and all that crap. I want a nice truck and then a vette to get my speed fix from. I have to wait for a few years though.

did you ever sell your truck ? i saw you had a sell thread but didn't ever see if you had sold it. ya dmax's are pretty expensive, was looking for 06-07 classics with the lbz and with 100k miles they are around 23-28k around here, and by no means would i have a rcsb for a dd, my wife is prego so i will have to keep my ecsb z71, may eventually get a ccsb, would love a dmax but don't like the prices of them. and it seems like i am looking at about 15k for a denali part truck and a gmc rcsb truck to do this swap to, unless i can find a rolled or rear ended 02-04 denali
    Last edited by 03whitez71; 04-02-2012 at 07:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread