+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: AWD Conversion How-To

I would love to buy the truck, but my mower needs replacing for my lawn care business.

It will be for sale in a month or two. Minus some good stuff. It will be 6.0 and AWD and 4l80 but the FLT 4l80 is going into my 2500hd. I have a guy who has first refusal but if he doesn't bite I will post it here once everything is swapped and ready.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

hey how much are you asking, I got a buddy that just sold his camaro and has cash money.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

I don't know just yet. I have to swap the transmissions and I can't do it for another two Weeks. Once that is done I have two guys that wasn't to know first. Those two are the only ones that will be in . I don't expect either one to buy it line. I will make a for sale add when it is ready. Got to have it detailed also. The key things that will not be on it are the FLT trans it will have a 4l80 out of my 04 2500 hd that has 153k miles the 6.0 is an lq9 that has abvout 100k on it. AWD will stay. All most all hotrod parts are coming off. and will be for sale.
    Last edited by zeake; 06-02-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Zeke, thanks for the inspiration on your AWD conversion. I wanted to post here that I was successful in doing this to a 1998 GMT400 style truck. I had the NP243 setup. I swapped the xfer case out for the nvg149, and used a 2004 Silvy SS right side axle shaft in the front differnential. The shift fork, and related hardware was removed. The rear drive shaft was reused without modification. The front drive shaft was swapped out with one from the gmt400 with the autotrac transfer case as it used the same slip yoke the nvg 149 does. I did have to have that shaft shortened by and inch and a half. The swap was really straight forward and easy to do. Having driven the sy/ty's and olds bravada's I appreciate true AWD.

Thanks,
    TJ

This is way easy when u have a donar truck

I don't get it. A regular cab short bed truck that's AWD with a 6.0L swap AND a turbo setup? That is the definition of badassery! Why would you sell it?

Quote Originally Posted by iregret View Post
    I don't get it. A regular cab short bed truck that's AWD with a 6.0L swap AND a turbo setup? That is the definition of badassery! Why would you sell it?
    I got tired if not being able to hear myself think while driving it . I also needed a 4 door truck.

I do want to say thank you. You're one of many that have truly helped me in many ways with my project. I'm in the middle of converting my 2000 Silverado to AWD. I just got my drivelines back. I haven't even installed them yet. I'll end up with a 6.0L and turbo setup as well. I didn't really consider the noise. I sound deadened the shit out of my truck so hopefully I'll be good

Anyway, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 98blackss View Post
    Zeke, thanks for the inspiration on your AWD conversion. I wanted to post here that I was successful in doing this to a 1998 GMT400 style truck. I had the NP243 setup. I swapped the xfer case out for the nvg149, and used a 2004 Silvy SS right side axle shaft in the front differnential. The shift fork, and related hardware was removed. The rear drive shaft was reused without modification. The front drive shaft was swapped out with one from the gmt400 with the autotrac transfer case as it used the same slip yoke the nvg 149 does. I did have to have that shaft shortened by and inch and a half. The swap was really straight forward and easy to do. Having driven the sy/ty's and olds bravada's I appreciate true AWD.

Thanks,
    TJ

Wondering if this will work on an Avalanche modified from 1500 Z71 to a 2500HD Z71, and the 4L80E to a 6-speed manual. I no longer have the autotrac, but the basic 2wd/4hi/4lo from a 2500/3500. Will the Denali center-diff mate up with the heavier duty stuff? Is there such a thing as a 2500 Denali?

+ Reply to Thread