+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: AWD Conversion How-To

BTW...very nice write up and truck looks good!
    Vortec Performance Tuned
    LQ9 built 4L60 LTs and a billion miles on the speedo!

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzzler View Post
    4WD is not for dry pavement and will bind in turns. Sure it will work in a straight line.
    4WD really doesn't like even slick pavement either. I've left it on a few times driving in the rain and could feel the wheels complaining in a turn...

07 Z71 4x4, 6.0L, 3.73s, Turbonetics T76 @ 10 psi, 75 shot, Snow meth kit, PLX DM-100 wideband gauge, Nelson tune, Comp 212/216 .557/.561 114 lsa, 60# injectors, Yank 3000, 4L80E , Magnaflow - dumped, e-cutout
    Line-X, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit bedcover

broke1 Guest
    Someone tell Parrish his truck wont work well because its 4wd....wait a second,it works VERY WELL.

Only way the front should pull in selectable 4wd is if u had a locker in the front....

I would only do this swap if I had the full time 4wd.

Very nice write up though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broke1 View Post
    Someone tell Parrish his truck wont work well because its 4wd....wait a second,it works VERY WELL.

Only way the front should pull in selectable 4wd is if u had a locker in the front....

I would only do this swap if I had the full time 4wd.

Very nice write up though!!!
    Poor pitiful guy couldn't even get in the 9s.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

would it be possible to still have it selectable by unlocking the front diff and just letting the front drive shaft spin? or am i missing something.
    01 GMC sclb d-max 2wd.
    2.2 60' 8.9 1/8th

Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Dog View Post
    would it be possible to still have it selectable by unlocking the front diff and just letting the front drive shaft spin? or am i missing something.
    The front diff will not work without the right transfer case. Unless you set the transfer case to 4wd and then do the swap and leave the front engaged. I do not know the results of this. I would have tried it but at the last minute my swap got slammed into overdrive by a broken rear end. I changed rear and front gears to 4.10 when I did the swap. I originally was going to leave the 3.73 gears in and find a 3.73 denali diff. SS 4.10 diff was easier to find so thats what I went with.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

i alwayz though 4WD and AWD was the same thing
    so is 4WD like 4x4?
    2000 Yukon Xl

2003 Sierra Denali Quadrasteer

Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    i alwayz though 4WD and AWD was the same thing
    so is 4WD like 4x4?
    4wd is 4*4 but it is selectable meaning you can change to 2 wheel drive for the street. AWD is a nice transfer case and different front diff. The awd is smoother and doesnt completely lock the rear wheels to the front. The lock makes turns on pavement in 4wd harsh and jerky. I always thought something was going to break using it this way. The awd is so much smoother on the street. My truck very rarely sees any track use. It is my daily driver also.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

Holy crap that's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by COWL327 View Post
    GMC trucks with cowl hoods are slow and ugly!
    And when they have no cowl hood they are slowerest and uglierest too?

+ Reply to Thread