+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Threeway

Threeway

Well before I get into the racing story in Mexico, I just wanna throw this out there. Earlier yesterday I raced a blacked out lightning and embarrassed him. So +1 for me.

ANYWAY. I met up with Jon, Kurt, Brian, and Ricky at the car meet last night. The cops rolled into the meet again and made everyone leave, so us five are just cruising down the freeway/access road to see if we can find any races. We see this white foxbody stang trying to get a 350z to race, but the z isn't game. The stang, and all of us make a loop and get back going down the access road. This is where it get's good.

I get up next to the stang at the light, with Jon behind the stang, and brian next to me, and ricky behind me. I look at the guy in the mustang and point to the light. He yells out "How much boost?" I tell him 12, he's like well damn im NA..

The light turns green and we hammer down. Of course he puts like a car length on me while im just burning my tires off. Right when I start to get traction and get up next to him he misses third and so I let off. We get up to the next light and he's like "Man if you can't keep that boat on the ground looks like we're gonna have to do a roll." I was like perfect...

So anyway we don't really do the roll race right away, but I motion Jon to get up next to him and try to run him from a dig. So Jon and his blown shock in the red truck have a hard time keeping it from spinning to, but still manages to beat the foxbody.

FINALLY we get our threeway. Me on the far left, Jon in the middle, and the foxbody on the right. Jon honks it off, and we all hammer down. We all three spin a little but, but Jon immediately puts a little more then half a truck on me and the stang. I spool up and me and Jon are just WALKING away from this foxbody. Hard. After that we turn back around, head back to the meet and talk to the guy. It was a H/C 302 I believe with some good suspension mods. He hasn't takin it to the track or anything, but it ran pretty good. Oh yeah Jon wasn't spraying either
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Nice David...and Jon! Sounds like you guys had fun...and no arrests!

07 Z71 4x4, 6.0L, 3.73s, Turbonetics T76 @ 10 psi, 75 shot, Snow meth kit, PLX DM-100 wideband gauge, Nelson tune, Comp 212/216 .557/.561 114 lsa, 60# injectors, Yank 3000, 4L80E , Magnaflow - dumped, e-cutout
    Line-X, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit bedcover

Quote Originally Posted by rutroe View Post
    Nice David...and Jon! Sounds like you guys had fun...and no arrests!
    this is always good when david is out with us.....

Quote Originally Posted by DBRODS View Post
    this is always good when david is out with us.....
    I will say that I was sorely disappointed after I read the title...until I found out you were involved Jon...

07 Z71 4x4, 6.0L, 3.73s, Turbonetics T76 @ 10 psi, 75 shot, Snow meth kit, PLX DM-100 wideband gauge, Nelson tune, Comp 212/216 .557/.561 114 lsa, 60# injectors, Yank 3000, 4L80E , Magnaflow - dumped, e-cutout
    Line-X, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit bedcover

Quote Originally Posted by rutroe View Post
    I will say that I was sorely disappointed after I read the title...until I found out you were involved Jon...
    I was getting it from both sides...haha..gotta love being in the middle. Plus I had Kurt in the pass seat and my wife (Beka) in the back seat...haha.. Racing in Mexico with a full load...

Yeah Jon was fully loaded down. Hey did you end up running that Supra? I actually came back like 20 minutes later before I went to trudys to see if you had run that poopra
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Quote Originally Posted by duckysbht View Post
    Yeah Jon was fully loaded down. Hey did you end up running that Supra? I actually came back like 20 minutes later before I went to trudys to see if you had run that poopra
    No he was a big sissy...didn't want to run...

Quote Originally Posted by DBRODS View Post
    No he was a big sissy...didn't want to run...
    what was he afraid of?
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Quote Originally Posted by duckysbht View Post
    what was he afraid of?
    I asked if he wanted to do a roll, and he asked what I had.. I pointed to the truck and said the big heavy RED truck.. He asked what was done to it so I told him it had a LS2 in it and he was said OHHHHH its a Vette truck.. I said kinda, but a little heavier....Then he pussed out...

IDK....maybe i didn't ask the right way...

haha well it looks like we are gonna have to do this the hard way then. Start making call outs to get onto it on video with the NRRA
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

+ Reply to Thread