+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Could i have a fried PCM?

Could i have a fried PCM?

Im sure you guys are aware of my truck being in reduced engine power. I dropped it off with a guy that works at a dealership. He said that the computer is bad or i lost my tune... If my computer is bad why does the truck work sometimes? i can start the truck and clear the codes. It will idle fine but when it is reved over 1500 or so it goes back into reduced engine power. I even drove it around the block right before i left for work and it did great but when i pulled into the driveway it returned to REP. What are you guy's input.. Fried PCM/ ''lost tune'' or something else. i dont think it lost my tune because it would not run or even idle with my cam if it lost the tune...
    2003 RCSS Chevy 5.3L Fully Bolted, Cammed, Yanked, and 342s. Borla Exhaust w/ Electric Cutouts.

Not sure what "lost the tune" means. Any other electrical problems that might seem unrelated?

No other problems that i have noticed... Fans come on, dash works, radio works, all lights work. Really starting to get pissed... I dont know what to do to get it running! Im sure a certain someone could get the problem fixed while installing a front mount turbo.....
    2003 RCSS Chevy 5.3L Fully Bolted, Cammed, Yanked, and 342s. Borla Exhaust w/ Electric Cutouts.

who is your tuner. I have the card to a fellow in monroe that tunes. Id get him to take a GOOD look at it. If it lost a tune or the tune is just bad maybe he could find it?

06 Intimidator SS- Tuned, CAI -DD
    03 Silverado- Last incarnation 13.6... RIP
    Ls1, Pnp heads, Polluter camshaft, spray, 4k stall on the way
    "Seize the day like you seize your noodle" - Shin Chan

hmm. didnt know there was anyone in monroe... I have a thunder racing tune.

there is a shop in STRONG that tunes....STONG PERFORMANCE
    13.84 @ 99 MPH....good ole fashion stock

i will get it dyno tuned at thunder racing if its the tune... The Question is could it be that my PCM is bad?

It could be the ecm. Ive heard of such. Id get someone close by to take a look at it.

06 Intimidator SS- Tuned, CAI -DD
    03 Silverado- Last incarnation 13.6... RIP
    Ls1, Pnp heads, Polluter camshaft, spray, 4k stall on the way
    "Seize the day like you seize your noodle" - Shin Chan

my boss had similar on a stock 03 and replaced the gas pedal, throttle body and harness that goes down the passenger side of the intake. The dealership says the harness is most likely. if that helps
    2000 sierra, full airaid system, cherry bomb extreme, soon to be tuned
    1987 sierra classic w/chevy badges custom everything: system, interior, paint, wheels and everything else

You don't "lose" a tune. The tune is written to the pcm. It doesn't resort back to stock if it fried or the battery is disconnected or whatever. Basically there is no "reset button"

The dealership is able to reflash pcms back to stock though which is possible if you took it to them before this occurred.

+ Reply to Thread