+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Murdered_outgmc aka darth vader aka slo trc garage.

SLO TRUCK's Garage. The Darth Vader project.

Thought I would finally post up in here. Here is how the Truck started out when I brought it.

After finding LS1truck.com it has been downhill ever since. Started with Volant CAI, Pacesetter LT's with no cats and 3" exhaust and the world famous Nelson Performance Tune. After figuring out that the 4.8 still didn't have enough power it was time for a Cam, 212 216 .524 115lsa. Also went with PRC dual springs and new TI seats and retainers also installing new seals. Went with a 2800 Circle D reworked TB stall and Vette servo. To get the power to the pavement installs Detroit Tru Trac and keep the factory 3.23 gears with a power adder on the horizon. With those mods that got me to 15.3 @91mph at the LS1 race day. The rest of the mods that I got finished before the race day was a 4/7 drop and some new centerline archer 20 wrapped with 265 50 20 BFG KDW's. Also smoking all the lights.

That solidified the fact that I needed to go turbo. Found a really good deal on a KB racing front mount kit.
    After some needed customizing to the kit it was ready to rock. I also install all the supporting mods need for the added boost. 60lb injectors, walbro 255 fuel pump, ARP rod and head bolts.

Here is the final product so far with the turbo kit completed.

Here are the most recent pics

My other toy that I just got is a 2007 Kawasaki ZX10R it started out life as an Electric Blue but to follow suit and the help of my Bro in law it was a metallic black 24hrs after I bought it.

Had to smoke all the light on the Bike too.

Hope you enjoy the pics. Having issues with the ticking noise. Having issues with lifters. hopefully will figure it out before i end up going 6L.
    Thanks
    Well just updating a little. Well The 4.8 with 10-11psi made right at 450/450 to the wheels. But a waste gate sticking end the little 4.8's short life. 20psi boost creep and a retarded driver (me) helped #7 let go in a big way.

Well in a pinch at work and needing a running truck I found a low miles what i was told was a L33 5.3. After arriving to pick up the Aluminum block 5.3. I came to find out it was a regular iron 5.3. But being in a pinch I went a head a got it. The Swap went pretty good. Now going to be running 6psi spring with 2 stage boost controller with high setting at 12spi. Hoping to hit 500RWHP on the 5.3 and try to get a 6.0 started. Pics of the current setup.

Well since the last update here is the new set up. I will be boring out a 5.3 block to a 5.7.
    And whats going in it, Forged and coated Mahale flat top pistons, Eagle H beam rods, and polished stock crank.

New plan is toss this forged 5.7 in with some 317 heads. Bigger turbo, and hope everything else stays together.
    Well here is another go-fast part that I need for the need result that I am looking for.

Took this off a buddy in needs hands. Stage 2 snow meth kit. I know that is not the whole kit but you get the idea. Got it for $100.00 can't pass that kinda stuff up.
    Last edited by SLO TRUCK; 12-29-2009 at 09:20 PM.
    Name: Mark,
    God created turbo lag so nitrous trucks could have a chance.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post274877

Little up date on this on going project. Well after some trading. I decided to go with a forged 370 instead of the the Iron 5.7. It will still be a 10.5:1 compression turbo engine. The engine is being built at HKE in Houston. The new hair dryer is going to be a Borg Warner S-480 on a T4 flange with a 1.25 exhaust. Still looking for an 80e it will get a shift kit and Circle D 3400 stall. I also have 3.73s waiting to be installed. I think the 10bolt will be ok for now. A revamping of the Fuel system is going to happen just have to figure out which route I want/need to go with it.

Damn how fast things change. Well I got a smoking deal on a new PT88 and well I couldn't pass it up. Here is the new Intake air assistance unit

I love big red.

I'm sorry but wtf is big red?
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    I'm sorry but wtf is big red?
    ?!?!

ONLY one of the best soda's in the worldd
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Jesus H Christ how can you Canadians live with yourselves. No big red. Its kinda like cream soda, but different. Its Good.

why is your big red can orange? and my god man! you are from texas! call it a coke not a soda yall sound like queers saying "soda"

oh and have fun keeping that 80e together with just a shift kit, remember flaco made over 1k on a similar setup... (depending on boost level)
    74 Austin Morris Mini 1000 - Daily Coil Spring conversion, lowered, Disc Brake conversion
    FOR SALE: 04 RC/LB Duramax -12 second tow pig, built Allison, Tune, and supporting mods
    FOR SALE: 03 Silverado SS -DBRods built 40X, DP, Suspension. Going for fast

calling any soda or pop a coke that isnt a coke is just funny

pt88 a well proven contender
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

Everything's a Coke...just different flavors! Let the assimilation begin!

07 Z71 4x4, 6.0L, 3.73s, Turbonetics T76 @ 10 psi, 75 shot, Snow meth kit, PLX DM-100 wideband gauge, Nelson tune, Comp 212/216 .557/.561 114 lsa, 60# injectors, Yank 3000, 4L80E , Magnaflow - dumped, e-cutout
    Line-X, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit bedcover

hey i was jw, were did you get your lights in your 2nd pic from?????
    Built 2 Run! 6XX HP/ 6XX TQ

+ Reply to Thread