+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My name is Evan, and I'm addicted to Trucks...

My name is Evan, and I'm addicted to Trucks...

I'm expecting to hear that collective "Hello Evan" as if this were truly an AA meeting. Well it's true; I'm addicted to trucks, Chevy trucks in particular. I have had my 2001 since it was brand spanking 3 miles on the od new. It has had a very twisted tail. I used to build custom cars years ago, and really left my own truck alone. I guess I was too busy working on others cars. When in December of 05 I slid through a gasoline leak; flooding down the street from a local station; and rear ended a jeep. This minor damage (Grill, Hood and power steering cooler) lead to what has become a very long project. After huge prodding by my guys at the shop I gave in and had them strip my truck to the frame. We set out to do an Escalade front end swap and build custom body cladding to match the Escalade. I bought some engine parts and so forth.
    In the mean time, the city decided my 25,000 foot building was in the way of their new downtown redevelopment project. My building was taken by the guise of eminent domain and leveled in favor of a new Taco Bell and Wendy’s. I digress; we moved my shop, and the stripped truck and all the parts, to a new facility to continue business. Without dragging this out much more than I already have I will some up that the biz slowed and I sold out. The truck was then moved to my home which I had JUST bought.
    Well this is another LONG story ending in the guy I bought the house from (a DEAR friend) Never really owned the house. He took everything I owned one day to sell off to pay for his legal problems (TRUST ME, it's a LONG STORY) this included my truck. The lawyers got it stopped but we entered into a very long and drawn out legal battle over the property. I went back to school at 29 last August to start over in life and a few months later (After a very tense time yelling at his lawyer) we got news that it was over, I would get my stuff back.
    Well this was only part true. I got it back, but it had been trashed. My truck, my baby, my dream machine, had been stripped of all its glory, the parts I did have back on it were gone. The interior was sold off, engine parts were god knows where, and just for spite the bolts had been tossed. In the final days of the legal batter this guy trashed anything he could to twist the knife. So I got back, a shell, a few parts, and a smashed up bed.
    Well, here we are summer 09. My first year back in school went great, but I'm back in Kansas, I got here yesterday June 9th. I have a, well I have a shell of a turd, the poor truck has been through HELL, but it still owns my heart. I see my ravishing beauty still to this day. I have come here, to LS1Truck, to the only place in the world that has the same love for this truck that I do. I need lots of help, I need lots of parts, I need lots of lots of stuff. My sainess, and possible my soul is in your hands gentlemen, be gentle.

Evan
    P.S. I will post pics soon when I start a build thread.
    Last edited by TurboMic; 06-10-2009 at 05:05 AM. Reason: .

welcome, good luck on the reconstruction.
    single digit street truck

for build info

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...cs-garage.html

The best advice I have ever heard:... Only take B( . Y . )ST advice from someone that is CURRENTLY running a turbo setup close to, or bigger than what you want......

Welcome

txstvanwilder: but i got lube so i didnt complain
    mean05: he told me a price and i bent over and lubed up
    truckinL33: 6'' is not enough, and 12'' is too much
    pcmcobra: don't drink and bid on egay...lol
    408.Luke: lol im not blowing im investing

Welcome. Sounds like a long story indeed. Being a Southerner.... And holding to the theory that violence CAN solve things think your "Buddy" needs to be stomped in the nuts untill he changes his name to a female version of whatever it was...
    Good luck on the rebuild. We are always around for advise and whatever else.

06 Intimidator SS- Tuned, CAI -DD
    03 Silverado- Last incarnation 13.6... RIP
    Ls1, Pnp heads, Polluter camshaft, spray, 4k stall on the way
    "Seize the day like you seize your noodle" - Shin Chan

Welcome to the site! That's a sad, sad tale. Where in KS are you? Good luck on the rebuild...

07 Z71 4x4, 6.0L, 3.73s, Turbonetics T76 @ 10 psi, 75 shot, Snow meth kit, PLX DM-100 wideband gauge, Nelson tune, Comp 212/216 .557/.561 114 lsa, 60# injectors, Yank 3000, 4L80E , Magnaflow - dumped, e-cutout
    Line-X, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit bedcover

Oh my...

Sorry to hear about your truck. This is a great site with a lot of support. Good luck with your build!

2004 Silverado Crew Cab, forged iron 5.7, STS w/MP turbo, 10+ psi, FMIC, Tial 50mm BOV, Vic Jr, Snow performance meth, MTI Stealth cam .220/.220 .581/.581 115lsa, Comp chromoly pushrods, Yank TT3000 stall, LS1 Efans, 160 tstat, Trucool 40k trans cooler, 60# injectors, Walbro fuel pump, Patriot springs, Built 4l65E w/billet input & output shafts, Eaton posi, SD tuned...all installed by Klein North Automotive

Welcome to the site. Sorry for all your troubles.
    DANIEL CAMMED SS 13.46 @ 98.17-- 8.58 @ 80.31

2003 Silverado SS / LQ9 6.0L / Wheatley 93 Octane Tune / 224/228 .581 .588 110lsa / Patriot Gold Dual Springs / Comp Hardened Push Rods / Circle D 3800 stall / Pacesetter LT's / 4:10 Gears / Transgo HD-2 Shift Kit / K & N Cold Air Intake / Corvette Servo / Aeroforce Interceptor / Autometer Narrorband(Wideband on the way) / Mobile 1 Synthetic / Single Chamber Flows with X Pipe / Cats Delete with Cutouts

welcome. good luck on rebuilding it to her former glory

welcome aboard, we'll treat you better than that douche nuts-so called friend

+ Reply to Thread